Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012



Dear Mom. . 

So it has been a good and hard week.  This week we didn’t find any new investigators.  We had some good lessons and stuff but, it was hard.  I have really been trying to focus more on being a missionary and not think about the things that i want or want to do.  There is a talk that is called the 4th Missionary, it talks about 4 types of missionaries and how they are changed on their missions.  One of the things that the 4th or the best missionary does is gives not only his time and talents or might and strength but also his heart and his mind.  Like in Helaman 3:35  This was a tough week for me with this. 

So Elder Stevenson is in my district.  He is the other red head from Nampa.  Last Tuesday we were on divisions for like 2 hours while we waited to do the interview for Rut.  I can’t wait to hang out with him when I get home too . . . me him and Elder Heiner will all be living together at school ha-ha.  So we did the baptism interview for Rut and we gave our branch president one little homework to call the judge so that we could do the baptism and the wedding on Saturday.  We should have known, he didn’t do it like always.  So they are going to be married and Rut will be baptized on this coming Saturday!!!!!!!  It’s about time, they want to do it so bad!

Yesterday was Stake conference, our branch president didn’t go.  But I did see Elder Hardy ha-ha...he has a good companion...he lucked out.  He smelled fresh!!! HAHA.

Sad that you sold the house ha-ha, maybe that will be a good thing.  HAHA that’s fine, as long as when i get home, my room has all my stuff on the walls!!!

When Elder Holland gave that talk, he dropped the cane and ripped everyone a new one....did you do the same ha-ha, I hope!!! (
This is in response to me telling him that I spoke in church yesterday using Elder Holland’s talk entitled “We are All Enlisted”)

So this week I am really trying to focus on not getting in the way of the Lord, and to just let his magic work through me.



Ok mom, I’m going to go get some food, I haven’t eaten anything today or last week, my pants barely fit me...we have been penny pinching to save money for the wedding...so I will write you next week mom...love you

Love ya tons mom

Taylor
















No comments:

Post a Comment