Sunday, May 6, 2012

April 16, 2012


About time for that one year mark to pass.....but it was fast and it was enjoyable.  I didn't do anything ´´fun´´ on that day but it did rain a ton and it was really muddy.  But the week was good.  Last week the branch president told everyone in ward council that they were going to shut down the branch if they didn't get 16 guys with the priesthood who pay their tithing.   They started to help us right away so we had a bunch of member help this week.  Also we finally had a miracle....yesterday this lady showed up to church with her family, she is a less active member that wants to come back to church....her husband is getting baptized the 28th this month....pretty cool.  

Sweet that Spencer sent his papers in.  I’ll say that he is going to the Eugene Oregon mission or the Montevideo Oeste mission in Uruguay.  So idk if he will get them next wed or the next one but can’t wait to find out where he is going.  This Christmas will be really different with two of the boys gone.  We are going to have 4 missionaries and maybe 5 if Michael goes in the family all out at the same time. 

So some of the hard things that we have to do here is talk in Portuguese....like a fifth of the people here are Brazilian.  So it’s not too hard to understand when I read the Book of Mormon in Portuguese but to try and understand the people that speak is hard. We only speak a little bit, and Guaraní just screws it all up....4 languages in your head are not fun!!!  

Last week we had cucumbers in vinegar with onions and it tasted like summer....it was great!!!! Can’t wait to eat that when I get home in less than a year.  HAHA Oh and on Easter this lady who feeds us lunch who only speaks Portuguese wanted a big ole kiss from me because it was Easter and then she gave us cake with alcohol in it!   So when I got to this area and now that I have a year in the mission, I just want to get rid of all my junk.  I am tired of hauling it around, my bags were so heavy to get here....one of them, the biggest, is all broken, the wheels are trashed....I’ve just decided that I want to come home with just my carry on if I can, and maybe the smaller suitcase in other words I don’t want to buy anything else while I am here...I have some cool stuff but there is nothing to bring home to yall.  When Spencer gets his call I will make a list of things to take and things not to take....like about suits, pants, shoes, luggage and other stuff...I have a little list for him. 

Well that’s about it for this week I will try to send a pic, no promise because this place is old.

Love you mom

Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment