Sunday, May 6, 2012

April 23, 2012


Well this was a good week.  We almost met all of our goals.  We had 14 with a member present and 12 others and 9 less actives and 15 new people again.  So it was a good week.  This morning we had interviews with President Callan.  It was good....we talked a lot about goals and building up confidence with your testimony.  The mail still hasn’t got here...we are hoping that it gets here at about 3.  

This week we went to that family just about every night....the one who has a baptism date for Saturday.  Well we found out that his wife wants to come back and wants to fix her life.  She has a long road ahead to get back into the church so what we want to do is get them married this week and then he can get baptized and get the priesthood.  Then he can give his wife blessings and help her get back into the church.  So he is really progressing.  Most of the other people are just one timers or they just reject us.  IDK  why they do it....Spencer will see on his mission....when does that get here...wed or next wed?????

Last night we did have a good lesson with a guy who has gone to church 5 times...he was worried about being baptized 2 times so we explained that with the scriptures and showed him that you can get baptized again and that a real baptism has significance to stuff....so he was more open after we got that doubt out of his mind.

So it’s rained all week and I don’t know how I get so much mud on my pants....My pants are muddy from my ankles up to my knees.  Elder Keller is never muddy....idk what to do about it...today sis Callan just laughed at me for it.  But today it was nice and cool...hope the winter is coming fast!!!  This area is so big...we don’t even know what is in some of the areas.  We have already condemned many of them because they are a waste of time!!!  Also in our district we have the Itapúa dam...it’s the biggest dam in the world., we might go to it next week or during this change.  That would be cool you should go look it up on the internet...it powers all of Brazil Paraguay and Argentina!!!

Also I think that Emilio and Margarita got baptized...I’m not sure yet I’m trying to find the numbers from last week!!!  Hope they did and President Callan said that I could write them because they are my converts....I might do that today if I have time!

Also it sounds like the fun has already started for the family back home....Ii only have to miss this summer. I mean it won’t be that hard...I’ll get home just in time to start having fun!!! I do wish I could go boating with all the heat we have here though.  

Love you mom....

Elder Salinas

No comments:

Post a Comment