Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4, 2012

Dear Mom

This was a good week...I’m glad it is over because it was just way too stressful. Spencer is going to have it easy in Florida as far as help from the members. We have to drop the cane on them so much. Anyways, we had the wedding and the baptism. It was nice, even though she wore a dress that was pretty racy with a still in the front that went all the way up her leg!!!! It was good though. Ruth asked me to baptize her so that was exciting. We did have to pay 300,000 for the wedding though, that like 15 boxes of Trix that we could have bought, but it’s a new month so we should get 150,000 back from the office and we pulled our money out today for the new month so I’m gonna eat something good.

So I have a scripture that i want on my mission plaque...Moroni 10:32. I sent you a letter last week, so Spencer should get one in like a week and you in 2 weeks.

So tell Spencer to get some shoes that do not have fabric on the inside like mine do that you sent me,,,,it wears away really fast, and get shoes that have more rubber on the bottom, nice thick ones. Also, you don’t have to be plain Jane. You can have cool fun ties, you can have a belt with a cool belt buckle, and your backpack does not have to be logo free...if he wants a back backpack that has a dc or a fox logo...it’s ok, he won’t get sent home.

Sunday it was raining really bad and there were only 20 people in the church. And Elder Keller and I were just mad at the branch president because he seriously has no clue what he is doing. They started the sacrament meeting like 25 min late. But then we confirmed Ruth and when they said amen, she was just crying, and when I saw that, I just forgot all that had happened and just felt really good. Just felt, well I fulfilled my purpose this week. Of the 6 people that I have baptized, 3 of them are converts. Ruth is going to be a strong member for a long time!!!

I have started the Old Testament....Genesis isn’t that bad but the next 2 books are going to be a little harder!!!! HAHA I was studying about fasting this week, and how to really do it, and then I read in Isaiah 58. After reading that I was excited for fast Sunday. I was going to eat dinner Friday night and then fast for the baptism and other stuff, and I was going to end it Sunday for lunch. That didn’t happen....so much stuff happened. We had food all day, plus food at the wedding and I still haven’t fasted, only paid my fast offering. SO I’m going to do it this week. You should all read Isaiah 58 for next fast Sunday.

I think the winter is here now for good, its cold but not really...all the Paraguayans are freezing, and it’s been raining not cool :(

 That’s about it for this week

Love you mom



No comments:

Post a Comment