Monday, May 28, 2012

May 21, 2012


Hey mom, we had a good week....we finally reached our goal of 20 lessons with members - - well we had 21.  It sounds like the family is all good, and that Spencer is so excited to be done with school and that Grant is 16 ha-ha.  We had changes, Elder Keller & I are still here.  I’m glad, I haven’t stayed with a comp for more than one change except when I was trained and when I trained elder Segovia...but we are good together.  SO Rut is going to have her baptism interview tomorrow.  She can be baptized this Saturday but this weekend is stake conference so she will have to wait a week to get confirmed. Last time that happened here, the guy never came back to church or got confirmed, we don’t doubt that Ruth has problems with that but we are just going to wait until next week to do it.  Also we had 3 people in church yesterday, one of them was another part member family.  SO that makes it way easier for them to accept the gospel.  He really wants to be able to baptize his little girl, so when he heard that he could get the priesthood it made him excited.  We don’t know if they are married or not though...we are already pinching pennies now for the wedding next week...hope that these people are married!!!

Now on to the parties, guess you have a lot to do...hope lots of people come, then Spencer can get lots of money like Ii did and it will be less hassle for his mission.  So Mitch and Hunter are in the MTC right???

Oh yeah almost forgot, we saw a dead guy tossed out in this field on the side of the road this week.  Some people we were visiting told us about it.  Just a dead person wrapped in a sheet, shoved into a bag and tossed onto the side of the road out in the middle of who knows where.  We don’t know what is going to happen with it......

The teacher didn’t show up yesterday for gospel principles so I had to teach that class...it was good, it was about prayer and how to  do it and why and to who.  I managed to take up the whole 50 min...Kind of strange, I taught that class and I’m the one trying to have better prayers.  I don’t feel that my prayers are really doing anything for me, I have been trying to be the best I can and do my prayers but I just don’t know.....I’ll just keep trying. . . . 

That’s about it for this week mom...love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment