Sunday, May 6, 2012

April 30, 2012


Dear Mom. . .

This week was another good one and we accomplished many of our weekly goals.  We have the baptism set for this Saturday at 5.  They are going to get married and then Andres will get baptized...and his wife has started the repentance process that will take some time.  We have his interview tomorrow night when I will be on divisions with the DL.  So Elder Keller and I  are pretty stoked on that.  We can say that we fulfilled with our missionary purpose with him....he is so ready, when we went over the baptism questions with him. . . he used scriptures to back up his testimony and it was ballin....that doesn’t happen much.  We have lots of investigators that are just kind of hard to find or just are lazy Paraguayans!!!   You give them one little homework to do like read a chapter or even a page and pray and they can’t do it in like 3 days...Spencer will find out soon enough that it’s not what it seems....did bishop give him the district or the district 2....he will watch both of those in the MTC and when he gets to the mission...during his first 2 months when he is getting trained. 

Sad that Spencer only could land his back flip once or twice and has to pack it up for 2 years....oh well we can go when he gets back...I’ll have to practice a bunch and then I’ll be better than him by the time he gets back ha-ha.

Pretty cool that Mitch is getting excited to leave on the mish. . . he will have a good time.  At first it is really hard and and there are days when you just get shunned like it’s the end of the world...but you wouldn’t change it for anything else....you want to go home at the start of your mission but then you just understand things more fully and then you want to stay you can tell that to Spencer.

And Grant, M’Kay and McCall all seem busy too with sports and activities to keep them busy all summer.  I’m sure that you dad and grandma netters are running them all over the place.  How is netters....is she reading the BOM with M’Kay or was she joking about that....I’m almost done with that in Spanish again so that will be the 3rd time reading it...and I’m reading it in Portuguese still....so many people here speak it....so Elder Keller & I try to learn.. . But it is a task!!!

We met some more people this week who have seen Jesus or God. . . you are not a Paraguayan until you have seen Jesus....it’s so true.  Then you just don’t know what to tell them ha-ha.  Also it has been raining so much this week....my shoes and pants and everything, just covered in mud.  My shoes are already trashed, the ones that you sent me for my b-day....well the inside are, and hopefully I can use the shoe inserts that you are sending me.  I should get my package today...because I paid for it last Monday it got to the office on the 18 of April...fast!!!

That is about it for this week, it’s getting colder so we are just in heaven, all of the people here are freezing, but for us from Idaho and Utah it is great!!!!

Love you mom. . . 

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment