Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012

Well I got through the first week in my new area.  I’m in Ciudad Del Este in the city of Hernandarias.  Its all red dirt and the area is huge.  We have some city parts and then we also have the campo of the campo in our area.  It’s like I’m out in the middle of the end of the earth.  It rained the second day here and when it rains here you grow like 4 inches.  There is so much mud everywhere and its red clay mud so it sticks to everything and it doesn’t come off.  My new companion is Elder Keller from Box Elder Utah. He is cool, and pretty funny.  So that’s a good thing, it was a 6 hour bus ride Wednesday and then a 45 min taxi ride...and this is the nicest place I have seen to live, above all other houses of the mission this is by far the nicest, we have a door on the shower, everyone else just has a hole in the ground and that’s it, with the shower head, but this is a sweet place.  And its huge, like 3 or 4 times maybe bigger than Puerto Pabla.  We always have something to do also, but there are about 35 members who attend church so that’s a big difference coming from like 120.  I saw sister Hubbard on Wednesday, she went to my area when Elder Perez and I left.  she said that Fernando is getting ready for the mission, that he really wants to go now....I guess he sold a bunch of his stuff so that he could start to save money for the mission, and they said he sent me a letter but we didn’t get mail today because all of Paraguay shuts down for the Holy Week so I didn’t get my mail from him today.  

Sounds like all of the family had a good time at the Easter party,,,,too bad I wasn’t there!  And I can’t wait to see the videos of Spencer while he was all drugged up.  But in everything else the family sounds good. Elder Norton is a trainer now . . . and we have 3 elders who are in the mission that are from Paraguay. Kind of lame....it would be like serving in Pocatello!

Some more stuff from my area, all the roads look like the fields at the farm right after all of the compost has been harvested, and it smells the same also, like cow poop.  There are areas that are just shocking to see.  I knew Paraguay was dirt poor but some of the houses are standing by magic.  I’ll get some pics this week maybe.  On Sunday, we walked a solid 3 miles at missionary pace to get this guy to come to church so that he could get confirmed, he was working...so we walked the 3 miles back to the church with no investigators......but it’s ok....we always find new people to teach and we have big numbers.

This computer is really slow so I can’t type much...trying to load pics for you mom.

Love You

~Taylor

 Elder Salinas at the temple

 At the shrine of the Virgin

 Great meal from Pancholos!

 Elder Salinas & Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment