Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24, 2012


Dear Family. . . . 

I had transfers this week so it was a hard one.  I didn’t want to leave Hernandarias.  It was such a great place.  My life was perfect there.  Elder LaFaye and I were working so hard, we were 100 percent obedient, and we got along so good.  That place turned into a paradise for us.  It was really hard to say goodbye to a bunch of people too.  

So now I’m in Asuncion again.  I’m in 3 Bocas.  And dad will never guess who my comp is.  Dad, who was your worst comp in the mission...you told me his name before...well that’s who my comp is....!!!  And he is just like your comp dad.  He isn’t obedient, doesn’t know how to work like a missionary, he isn’t allowed to use the cell phone, he is still junior comp after 20 months in the mission and he is 25. And he has a girlfriend...there are pics of her all over the wall above his bed...she is 42...yeah not joking mom....that is gross, I know you are 42 but you don’t have a 25 year old boyfriend...well I guess you could imagine that dad is 25.  He is really nice and fun to be with but not as a missionary.  Everyone in my old district were like sorry bud that stinks for you....don’t let him screw around or anything.  So I have no clue how this transfer is going to go, or this next 5 weeks.  He has been here 5 months already so I bet we are comps for only one change.  

Last Tuesday Elder LaFaye and I worked so hard all day, we got home and I packed up my stuff and we went to the terminal.  Elder Stephenson and I got our bus tickets and the bus left at 1 in the morning.  Then we talked on the bus for like 3 or 4 hours and then got like an hour of sleep that night haha.  It would be the last time to talk to Elder Stephenson for 6 and a half months so we enjoyed our time.  Then we got to the terminal and I saw some old friends of the mish...and I saw my old companion (the one who wasn’t yet a missionary) ....he got his mission call to Peru.

My area is really small.  When I got to the house it looked like that storm had gone through it.  Ad we have like 3 investigators.  I don’t even know who they are yet.  All that my comp does is visit less actives or converts.  BORING!  That’s going to change. 
This week we did a ton of service.  Thursday from 2 to 7 we went to the North Mission and went to a Hospital where they were doing operation smile and we helped out there.  There were some American kids there and kids from the North Mission so that was fun to hang out with them.  Then on Saturday, we went back to Down town and helped with the Helping Hands Service Project.  We cleaned out a canal.  It was so gross.  Tons of garbage.  I saw Elder Lamb and Elder Stephenson so that was a fun service project...I’ll attach some pictures.

My comp has a really cool DVD called On The Lords Errand about President Monson....I loved it!
 Mom, you need to find Elder Nieves mom on facebook.  They are from Eagle and he comes home with us too.  The four of us are going to have so much fun at home...
It sounds like Spencer sure was excited to go to the MTC....He will be a great missionary.  Just pray that Spencer has a good trainer. I was just looking at the pics of him...he looks excited to be there...I’m gonna write him something.

And next weekend we have General Conference AGAIN: The time is going by so fast!!!

I love you mom...pray that I will be able to get some productive stuff done with my trucky comp!!!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment