Monday, September 24, 2012

August 27, 2012


So you all want to know how the week was..... I saw Elder Heiner.....Enough said!!!!!!!!!!

So this was a great week, Elder LaFaye & I didn’t have as many lessons as last week but we did have some better lessons meaning that the people are progressing.  Right now we are teaching Blanca who is 15, all of her family are members except her and her brother.  We have been teaching her for a few weeks now.  Last week we watched the 20 minute video of the restoration with her.  It was a boss lesson...she was crying, and her eyes were full of tears and her lips were shaking.  The movie ended and I started to talk to her...I asked her why she had tears in her eyes and she didn’t respond, then I said I know why, its because the things we are teaching you are true....and she nodded her head.  Then we set a baptism date with her.  This Sunday she was ready to go to church, dressed and everything, but her sister in law didn’t show up so she couldn’t come, she had to watch her brothers and sisters.  So that was disappointing, and we didn’t have anyone in church.

Then we have Mariela.  She is a cousin of a member family and she would always complain that she wanted to have the same joy and happiness as the member family.  So we have taught her a few times and she has come to church once.  We were going to watch the Joseph Smith movie but the speakers on her computer didn’t work.  and she couldn’t come to church yesterday


We had zone conference this week...that where I saw Elder Heiner.  Elder Zaballos and his wife came.  He is a member of the 70, and he was way cool.  He is from Chile.  Its always cool to get a general authority to come to the mission, because you get to shake their hands and give them hugs.  He told us some cool stories too.  

The last few weeks it has been blazing hot.  Like the summer is already here, but like 2 days ago it changed all of the sudden...We were freezing!

Also, never try to make pancakes with chocolate milk...they are terrible.  That was a mistake yesterday.

So I didn’t shower Saturday night, and I didn’t shower last night because there wasn’t water.  So today I felt like Laura Ingalls when I had to heat up some water on the stove and shower out of a bucket!!!  Man the things that happen in Paraguay.

Mom, you need to send me Spencer’s mail box so I can send him a letter....I want to send it before he gets to the MTC so he can get it while he is in the MTC.  So if you could send that this next Monday.  Great!!!

So now about the best time of the week was during zone conference when I saw Elder Heiner.  When I walked in and he saw me...he got the biggest smile...like he had just kissed the hottest girl for the first time.  You should send this to his mom so she can send it to Elder Heiner.....  We gave each other the biggest hug a missionary has given.  And I knew he was gonna be there and he knew I was gonna be there asi que we both brought the bucket lists and compared.  IT was so fun.  ANd sign us up mom, we are living togather at BYU Idaho.  Make sure I get accepted there because we are gonna have a ball.  And of course I have some great pics from the week!!!  He asked if I wanted to do summer sales with him...I said I don’t know.  I would just rather work at the farm....or find a dental lab to work at.  I want a secure job.

That’s about it for the week....love you all

Taylor






No comments:

Post a Comment