Monday, September 24, 2012

August 20, 2012


Ok so we had another good week.  We had 35 lessons.  We had 3 other lessons with members present and 1 less active person.  We had 18 new investigators and 25 baptism invitations.  We found this one kid named Atilio on Saturday and he has baptism date for the 8th of September.  He came to church yesterday and he is really cool.  Yesterday morning we left early to go look for all of our investigators and we went by like 10 houses and only Atilio came.  That was kind of disappointing.  But it was a good week.  

Elder LaFaye and I are doing good, I’ve never worked harder on my mission.  We both just have the same mind set and we are doing everything to help our investigators progress.  And yes we are still tearing it up!!!

I think the most spiritual experience this week was last night when we were teaching a dude named Wilys.  He is like 50, and goes to a church but loves to hear what we teach.  Last night my comp was sort of out of it and I was just talking with Wilys and he could feel the spirit,  it was really strong in his house.  He told us I wish I had 10 boys that were just like you...with desires to help people understand God and just serve people all the time....he just made us feel so good, like we are doing a good job.  

So like I said we have Atilio and Wilys.  Then we have a few others who are progressing but we have this family of Gold.  Its Fernando and Andrea.  I don’t know what to do with them....they are freaking perfect. They (well andrea) goes to a different church.  I told her that she could feel that spirit stronger in the church.  Fernando has more desire to learn if it’s true what we teach.  The two of them agree with the apostasy, that the power of God was lost for many years....and then I ask them, who brought it back???  And the subject gets a little changed.  So we are going to watch the Joseph Smith movie with them and see if they can feel that he got the power of God from Peter James and John.  

Something funny from this week idk...I forgot my agenda today and I always have stuff written in that to write to you.  We broke a bunch of beer bottles to show our stand against drinking in Paraguay.  But that’s an everyday thing.  Ha I remember....Pres Agazzani started this new thing that every month we have zone meeting its just like district meeting but with the zone.  Elder LaFaye & I were the only ones without suits on haha...nobody told us to bring suits...who wants to wear a suit to work in its blazzing hot again...winter is already gone.  SO that was funny, we were the ´´Zone Rebels´´ that day.  

This week we have zone conference with Elder Zaballos and his wife.  He is a new member of the Area Presidency.  That should be fun..maybe I’ll see Elder Heiner

So its all going good here in Paraguay.  Now the house is empty..kids back to school, dad at work, and now you have work.  And its getting really close for Spencer to leave.  And I’m gonna be 21 in 6 months---I’m gonna be an old fart!!!

I don’t know if I’ll extend my mission...we´ll see.  I’ll let you know in a month and a half when they send me papers to come home....trunky papers.  I’ll fill them out so they can buy me a plane ticket and so they can call a new missionary to come fill my spot.  I can’t believe how fast this is going....it’s almost too fast.  If I were to come home today I wouldn’t be ready, I still have a lot to do.

I love ya tons mom....






No comments:

Post a Comment