Monday, September 24, 2012

September 10, 2012


Dear family, 

We have had a crazy week here in Paraguay.  Elder LaFaye and I have bikes now.  Its got its goods and its bads.  The roads stink and the seats are hard as a rock, and my legs are like rubber, they hurt so bad. 

We have been working really hard this change and it finally paid off.  Baptism this last Saturday.  

So this guy’s name is Jose.  We found him in the road like 2 weeks ago.  We taught him 3 times and he came to church.  His family said that he couldn’t get baptized but he is 23 so he can do what he wants.  His dad got super mad at us and yelled at us to never come back. But earlier in the week I was on divisions with Elder Knudsen and we did his baptism interview.  So now it was like “how are we gonna get this guy baptized?“

He has a problem with his leg, one is shorter than the other so he can’t walk very good, he uses crutches.  He goes out for a walk every morning.  So Saturday morning, we were a little disobedient and left the house like 2 and a half hours early and rode our bikes out to his house, well close so his family couldn’t see us and the plan was to wait till he passed by, and then take him to be baptized.

So we had been sitting there for like an hour, then he passed.  We said hey José, you want to get baptized, he was like claro...let’s go.  So we called the other elders so they would go fill up their baptismal font, and then I called brother Miranda to come get us in his car.  We took José over to the other area and I baptized him, then we confirmed him there and brought him back.  So it was like a half kidnapping.  But he was happy and excited that he got baptized.

Spencer, have a fun with your last week free...don’t do anything too stupid or that I wouldn’t do!!!  But good luck with your talk this week and the MTC next week.  I”ll write something for you next week!

I’m pretty sure this is gonna be my last week in this area, it’s been 6 months... I think I might have a change.  Too bad, because Elder LaFaye wants me to stay sooo bad, he is lost in this area, no I’m just joking,,, but I would love to stay with him for another change.

One question. . .  did you sign me up for school???

Hope you like the pics this week

Love you all

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment