Monday, September 24, 2012

August 13, 2012


Dear mom,

So I finally got a new comp...It’s Elder LaFaye from Tuscan Arizona.  He has about 10 months in the mission and he knows what he is doing.  That’s all I asked for.  A person who would work hard and who understood his purpose as a missionary.  We worked our butts off this week.  It’s been a long time since I have worked like this.  Elder Keller & I worked hard but never this hard.  This week we had 4 lessons with members present, 29 other lessons, we have 2 investigators progressing, 23 new investigators, and 28 baptismal invitations.  

And all week I was just able to teach everyone, not to take all the credit but I was tearing it up.  All the lessons went by almost perfectly.

My new comp was in Elder Heiners last district so he knows him pretty well.  Elder LaFaye told me that Elder Heiner started a lint collection.  SO every night he gets out his zip lock bag and puts his belly button lint in it.  I don’t know if I want to see that.  

The branch had a temple trip this weekend; Andres went, so that’s good for him.  I haven’t talked to him about it yet but he was super excited about going to the temple.  I think his wife was even more excited.

So we found this one family this week.  The guy is like 25 and so is his wife.  We just were talking to him in the road, and he invited us to come to his house like half a block away and we taught him and his wife.  It was a great lesson.  We invited them to be baptized and they both accepted.  But Saturday night we had another lesson and they wanted to wait to come to church until this coming Sunday.  They are so cool; they gave us their dinner that night.  It was homemade pizza.  It was so good, and she had homemade garlic salsa.  Its like mayo that tastes like garlic, you put it on your Lomito Arabe....a lomito arabe is like an arabic burrito....so I put some on my pizza and it was spicier than normal....then I told my comp what it was, and he put this huge spoonful on his pizza....his mouth was on fire for like 2 hours.  He ate like 3 more pieces of pizza but without the salsa.  That was a funny of the week, and another was me.  Saturday we are outside and I had had the cheeves all morning chivivi...thats guarani for the craps or the you know whats.  SO I stopped on the side of the road to take a pee and I took a wrong step and crapped in my pants.  We were like a mile from the house and without the key to the church.  Not good!  hahahaha

Thanks mom you’re the best!!!

Tell Spencer to have a great time boating, wish I was there to enjoy that.  and tell Spencer that on his mission he needs to make up some name and use it to contact people.  So here we are always are looking for  ´´Juan Benitez´´ it just gives us an excuse to talk to the people, But yesterday we found him, it was so funny, we started laughing!

Love you mom

Taylor







No comments:

Post a Comment