Friday, August 10, 2012

August 6, 2012


Dear mom,

Sounds like you all had a great week up at McCall.  Wish I could have been there, next year :)  And I just can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!  This week was, well I feel the worst of my mission.  Just of how crappy the week went and with my companion.  He is Gone Johnson tomorrow night.  So I’m stoked for that.  I am staying here in my area another change until Spencer gets to the mtc.  They can’t just leave a local missionary in an area after one change...he has no clue what he is doing.  This week we were out of the house a total of 7 or 8 hours I would say, that includes district meeting and church.  I’m so upset.  He is going to another area though, for another 6 weeks.  We don’t know where or with who but, he is staying.  The zone leaders haven’t called me yet with the changes, they will do that tomorrow.  I have never felt worse about a week in the mission then the week that just passed.  we´ll just leave it at that.

This last week I read my patriarchal blessing again.  There are some important things that make so much more sense to me now.   (note from mom . . . I edit his letters each week before posting - - I will keep some of these things private for Taylor!)

This next change I don’t really care who my comp is as long as he will work and be obedient.  I only have 8 months left, i just want to finish the right way.  I’ll be happier.  And my goal is 9 baptisms by the time I finish, that will bring my total to 20 baptism...I would feel good with that number.  And in this next change some goals that I have are to be in the road at 10:30, no later, also write in the area book every night, have comp study, and comp inventory.  Haven’t really done any of these this last change.    That’s really all that the mission is, setting goals, and learning to change.  

Right now, I have been finding some people to teach, but I don’t have anyone who is progressing.  But Andres is going to the temple this week so that’s cool.  Not really any prospects for baptism right now.  I’ll get that next week with a new comp, I was talking to pres about my comps and he was like oh you trained already great....like he just had the light bulb go off of somebody who can train.  Well I’ll find out tomorrow.  

I love being the DL.  It has its nags like calling everyone on Sunday and asking for the numbers and then calling the zone leaders and telling them the numbers.  But I do enjoy making a lesson for the district meeting. Tomorrow my lesson is based off of Matthew 13:18-23 the parabol about the sembrador, I don’t know how to say it in English.  The sewer it think.  And I get to do the baptism interviews.  And I get to decide when to go on splits and with who.  Its always bomb to go on splits with Elder Stephenson :)

Well that’s about all for this week, I’ll have a pic for you next week I hope.

Love you tons,


Elder Salinas

No comments:

Post a Comment