Monday, April 2, 2012

March 19, 2012

Well this week was a fast one luckily.  Cool that Stephanie Mansfield is going on a mission...what about Maren....she get married yet?

So we found a place to move but the office hasn’t said anything yet and it not even a house, its just a big room like smaller than our garage.  But it doesn’t have bat poop all over the house and it won’t fall onto my pillow or bed so that is a plus.

The lessons were alright, we had more than last week and more ´´new investigators´´....a new investigator is new because you have taught them more than 2 principles in a lesson.  Not sure how many of them are going to turn into anything big.  But we thought that we were going to lose Emilio and Maragarita though. . . they want to get married and be baptized but they just had a baby and they don’t have any money so that’s what was stopping them from doing it.  But we told them how the church will help and how we will pay for the rest of it.  So we still have them.  We have baptism date for the 2nd weekend in April and I doubt I will be here in Puerto Pabla.  But it’s ok...I’ll still write them down as people who I baptized...I found them and have taught them most of the stuff they know.  A girl from my last area got baptized and about time too, her mom was really not a help but the sister missionaries got it done.

Right now I’m in zone 2 district 2.  There are only 2 districts in this zone, but we see the elders from the other zone every week when we buy food.  I have been in Puerto pabla for almost 6 months, if, well when, I leave in 2 weeks, I will be short like maybe a week of completing 6 months here.  I only have 2 areas mom and I have a year in the mission.

As a family here is what you guys can do:  You can do FHE, read the scriptures, I’ll send you a list that you should read if you want.  You could baptize grandma haha :)

Yeah it sounds like the fun stuff in the family has really died down....you should do a yard sale or something that would be funnnnnn.  Then the summer is gona be here in like real soon and then family reunion and that the last one that I have to miss.....I can’t wait for next years.

Ok so for the little package for hump day and Easter.. .. .. I would like what you have planned, also jerky...and seeds would be great also, um you should send me some envelopes that are bigger than the ones I have.  Also some bubble mailers if you can, I can send stuff to yall (did you get the package yet).  Oh and a rubix cube....an original one, so that it works, that would be great....just that stuff.

And for mother’s day, they skyped last year why not this year.  And, Christmas was on Sunday last year so we´ll just have to do it the day before or the day after.  I’m gonna try and Skype if it’s available in my new area.  Hope it is.



I've been doing a bunch of things to make myself more happy, things so that the mission is easier.  And really, I never think of home, like I miss it and you all but I never catch myself thinking of home, or missing you all so much.  I just don't like to have low numbers.  Yeah a mission isn't about numbers but it kind of is.  I like to see some of the progress.


I forgot to tell you, we ate electric eel last week....here is the picture.  And I have a back problem mom...I dont know what but it always hurts and some days, I can't even bend down to tie my shoe.  But I don't want to say anything to Sister Callan and then I go get it checked and there is nothing wrong.  But it has hurt since I got here in the mission.
Have a good day



Love you
 
Elder C. Taylor Salinas
Paraguay Asunción Misión



Electric Eel

No comments:

Post a Comment