Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012

Hi mom how was the week.  Sounds like the family is good.  This week was better.  We didn’t find one single new investigator.  We have 3 that are doing well.  Emilio and Margarita are still getting baptized and married the 14th and Osvaldo is getting baptized the 21st.  All 3 of them came to general conference yesterday and Osvaldo came Saturday also.  Saturday we went to downtown Asuncion to watch conference, and then between sessions we walked around down town with Jorge and he showed us all the cool things...if I would have taken money I would have bought some really cool stuff...but when you end your mission you get to go to that place and buy stuff.  Also we went to the Plaze de Héoes...something of heroes from Paraguay.  They are buried there, well it’s above ground in just a coffin or ashes.  I got some good pics there, and right behind it all, is a giant statue of the Virgin, and a tiny  tiny statue of Jesus  I saw Elder Perez at Conference.  He hasn’t heard anything from Fernando.  Me either, we have both written letters to him but we don’t know how he is doing.  Conference was good, for once it was enjoyable...all the other times its like oh great conference again, and you try hard to listen when the prophet talks but you still can’t focus.  Not anymore, I loved listening to all of it.  I took some notes, not too many cuz I’m going get the Ensign in a month or two.  But yesterday and today after all of the sessions, I was looking over my notes and my mind was opened up with the spirit and I wrote my own chapter of Alma 5....I made a list of questions that we need to ask ourselves...the questions that I wrote were these, ask them to yourselves....

1. Am I focused on my covenants?
2. Do I have a desire to learn?
3. Am I happy with what I Have?
4. Have I ´´Stepped Up´´ to fulfill my duties?. . .it’s getting late!
5. Do I give the Holy Ghost room in my heart?
6. Have I ´´Come Home´´ to my Father in Heaven?
7. How Resilient am I?
8. How can I have the Spirit more in my life?
9. Have I banished all things that keep me from fulfilling my missions(s)?
10.What king of an example am I setting?
11.Am I being positive and of good cheer?
12.Do I speak in a way that the Holy Ghost would be present?
13.What am I doing to Sanctify myself?
14.Am I acting, or being acted upon?
15.How am I keeping my priesthood covenant?
16.What can I do to strengthen the Power of my testimony?
17.Do I accept my call as a missionary, or any other callings that come my way?
18.Am I doing what matters most?
19.What, and how much am I willing to Sacrifice?
20.What things am I doing now to prepare me for Eternal Marriage? Family Life? Godhood?
21.How can I increase the love I have for my Heavenly Father and for Jesus Christ?
22.Can I respond to everything like Nephi?  ( 1 Nephi 3:7 ) 
23.Am I doing the best for the Lord?
24.Can I look at God and say ´´I did my best´´?
25.Do I forgive myself of the sins or wrong doings in my life?
26.Am I supporting all of my burdens?
27.What treasures am I making in heaven?
28.What are my priorities?
29.My Spiritual GPS . . . where am I?
30.What does Christ think of me?

This is a lot of the stuff that I got out of general conference....just more things to help me be a better person, missionary, dad, husband, priesthood holder.  Also while I was sitting there listing to the talk by Jeffery R. Holland, the thought came to my head ´´It’s an honor or a privilege to be a missionary right now´´ that’s what I was thinking during his talk about the Lord and His vineyard.  That I might have started at 6 in the morning or at 7 at night, but I am a servant in the Lord’s vineyard and that I will get the same ´´pay´´ as all of the other workers who worked more, who have more baptisms, who are district leaders and who are whatever it is.  And how Elder Holland says not to be mad because things good or bad happen to other people and not you.  Also at Priesthood when Pres. Eyring spoke about loving your wives, and how we need to put their happiness, interests and everything above ours. . . and while I was reading that this morning I realized that it’s the same with Heavenly Father, put his glory and happiness and everything above ours and that is how we will be more happy.  I have a lot more stuff written down but this is all that I’ll write today.  

So Spencer is done with everything and just needs to hit send on the computer.  Pretty sweet, lame that his engine blew up.  I guess spring break paid to fix that one!!!  Take him and buy him some new scriptures mom, get him the genuine leather ones so that they won’t get all ruined.  And as a family read every day, and help him to understand the doctrine of Christ.  I wasn’t ready to go to the MTC, I had no clue why I was there, what I was doing, maybe I went for the wrong reason, but I stayed for the right ones.  Help him to GO with the right reasons.  Tell him to get a preach my gospel in English and read it....mainly the 5 lessons that he will be teaching.  We know what we need to know now, so now Spencer doesn’t have to go in to the MTC half blind!!!

Grant better be able to play all my favorite songs by the time I get home, tell him to learn Spanish songs, and I’ll bring him home a mariachi suit so he can play for dads family at the parties and Spencer can do the Mexican yell.

My back is the same...it will hurt, then it won’t.  I probably shouldn’t pop or crack my back but it’s the only thing that makes it fell better.  And idk what to do, we aren’t ´´allowed´´ to buy medicine unless sister Callan says we can.  

 But this is about all, I’ll send you some pics in a diff email

I love you mom

ELDER CHARLES TAYLOR SALINAS
PARAGUAY ASUNCION MISSION

2011-2013



 This is the Manta Ray Jorge caught down at the river, and it was delicious!!!


 This is where some famous people from paraguay are burried or should I say "stored".

Here is a giant shrine of the virgin.  there is a tiny statue for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment