Tuesday, November 15, 2011

October 24, 2011

Who is your companion?  Where is he from?  How long has he been out?
 Bueno, my new companion is Elder Hauser from Arizona.  He has been here for almost 5 months total in a week or 2, so I have been here longer and I am the senior companion.
Elder Cleverly is also in Asuncion, but a different place.  Are those little villages within Asuncion or what?
 Elder Cleverly is in Asunción and stuff but there are 5 zones in Asunción.  We aren’t really that close.  In the terminal I saw Elder Lamb, Elder Cleverly, Elder White, and Elder Grisham.  So that was nice, we got to the terminal at like 5:45 so we just talked for a while.  I’m in Lambaré, it’s a part of Asunción.  It’s smaller than my last area and way better.  It’s not to campo and it’s not to city.....it’s like perfect!  Sand and rock roads everywhere.
How did your first few days go in the new area?
 The first few days were good, we had 30 lessons total this last week which I never had in Encarnación.  Also there were 120 people at church yesterday which is a miracle for me to see.  Yesterday we printed out a calendar for the month of November for people to sign up to feed us lunch, I’ll just say that there are no open spots, so people had to sign up for dinner. 
Last call if you need me to send anything . . . deodorant, gum from Costco, body wash, toothpaste, etc.  If you don’t need anything, that is fine!  Just checking!
I will send home a picture of the toothpaste that I want.  And yeah I can buy peanut butter in this area, so if you want to take that out of the package so that there is room for other stuff you can.  I also want you to send me a flash drive memory stick of like 16 to 23 gigs so that i can put pics from my camera card onto the flash drive.  But that’s all, when are you going to send it?

But this area is way better than my last area; it’s just a little village really.  Our apartment or house thing is ok; there are a ton of bats though.  The bidet (idk if that’s how you spell it) but it works like a champ.  We have a water heater too so that nice to have hot water.  And every day, we have to sweep the floor because the bat poop falls through the wood slats in the ceiling.  I have a pic of a nice pile of bat poop to show you!!!!!!!!!

But really I just feel better here, I was always discouraged in my other area and now it is just different in a better way.  Pres Callan said that senior companions will be in their areas for 6 to 8 months usually; well that’s what the prophet said, so I bet I am here for 4 to 5 changes.  I had 3 in my old area if that gives you and idea of how long I should be here!

I already sent McCall a birthday card but don’t tell her that, she should get it this week I sent it a while ago.

Well that’s about it for this week, we have a baptism on Saturday so you can pray that that happens.

Love you mom

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment