Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011

Good thing you didn’t have a list of questions for me because I have a ton to write to you. First off the e mail is late because of the rain, we have no power in our area, and all of the roads are not roads they are rivers. We were going to go golfing today at this American resort in our area that only takes dollars but it’s raining. Anyways we are finally here to do e mail.

Ok so to start off, you just won’t believe what happened this week..... We are teaching this family that is really cool. Elder Hauser found him 3 months ago with his old comp. Turns out the guy had a Book of Mormon from his friend and was in Alma when they found him. well it had been hard to find them....about 3 weeks ago we found them again, he came to church but his wife never wanted to listen to us. We went back one night to teach them and she said she would listen. I don’t know if I have told you, but we sing a hymn at every lesson, just me and my comp. Yeah I bet you can’t believe that either. But we sang families can be together forever. Then we asked the lady to say the prayer, and she did, and she cried during the prayer! Then we gave them the plan of salvation. She cried some more. So the lesson was way good. Then we set a baptism date with them for the 19 of November and they said yes but that we would see more when the day gets here. So they said they would talk about it. Then I asked her why she cried, and to be short, she could feel something, and she knew it was true. Then on a Friday, not the Friday we just had but the Friday before, they said that they had talked about their baptism and marriage because they have to be married to get baptized. So they said that they were going to wait until February to do it so he can shut down his office, do a nice wedding, and take a vacation with his family. So we went home and made a lesson with all of the scriptures about keeping commandments and being favored by the lord and looking for treasures in the heavens and not on the earth. We found them on last wed, and we had this lesson and I asked them if they had said a prayer before they talked about their wedding and baptism, and they said no. Ok well their names are Javier and Veronica, end of the lesson; Vero was ready to do it. She said I don’t care what people will say to me, I am making a covenant with my heavenly Father and that all that matters to me. And Javier still wanted to wait. So I told him or them, I know you need to get baptized this Saturday (19). We are going to kneel down and say a prayer, Javier, you are going to say the prayer and ask Heavenly Father if you need to get married and baptized on the 19, and then I told him that I already know that you need to so you can’t tell us no, Haevenly Father is going to tell you to do it! So we knelt down and he started to say the prayer. Mid prayer, he could really feel the spirit....his voice changed then he just got quiet for like 2 minutes then he finished the prayer saying thank you a bunch. So we waited like 3 min and Javier said well I have a friend who is getting married the 26th of November, turns out that I am getting married before him. BOOM! Friday night we did the interview, Saturday we did the wedding and double baptism......

So that was the miracle for the week, also we needed to call the judge to have her come to do the wedding, she needs like a weeks notice, I called her on wed night, to ask if we could do the wedding Saturday night. She said yes!

So I baptized Veronica, Elder Hauser baptized Javier. Yesterday I confirmed Veronica and Elder Hauser gave confirmed Javier

It was a good week.

So I got you package Thursday thanks for all the stuff in it. And I have 2 more packages that are here, idk if you sent them or not. I knew I had them last Tuesday so can’t wait to see what those are tomorrow at district meeting.

I’ll send you some pics of the baptism and the wedding to in a minute.

Love you mom

Taylor








No comments:

Post a Comment