Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011

Ok, well this week was kind of yucky.  We had 3 lessons with members. And 3 other lessons.  So not many good numbers.  And it’s getting hotter and hotter every day.  It doesn’t even feel like it’s close to Christmas or that Thanksgiving passed.  Probably because it’s so stinkin' HOT.  It’s like 100 everyday with humidity and its going to get hotter at the end of December and in January and February.  The pic of the family at the barn was a little blurry but everyone looks so different! 

So this week for thanksgiving we had bread, some empanadas which are not very good here, some yogurt and an alfajor mini cake.  Not a very tasty Thanksgiving.  And now it’s like what are we going to do for Christmas???  They have Christmas lights here but it’s weird to see them in the baking hot sun. 

We have changes on Wed.  Don’t know if I am staying or leaving yet.  The zone leaders in this area are different.  They don’t give us the changes till Tuesday, so if we do leave, we have no time to pack our stuff or say good bye to the members.  Every other place, you get the changes Monday morning!  SO maybe ill bug them about it. 

So for Skype, you need to make me an account and send it to me so that I can Skype you.  And we are going to do it Christmas Eve.  Christmas is on a Sunday and we can’t ´´spend money´´ to pay for Skype on a Sunday.  We can do it Saturday, or Monday.  I’m going to do it Saturday so that I can come email on Monday too!  So we will go to another area to Skype you, and if that doesn’t work, Elder Moore gave me a sheet of how to call the USA.  SO I have that too.  But I will tell you what time we are doing Skype when that gets a little closer.

I didn’t get both of my packages last week. I only got one.  The sister missionaries who get the mail and the packages messed up the money so I only got one of them.  I hope I get the other one tomorrow at district meeting.  But the package I got was yours.  Full of white tootsie rolls.  They are about gone.  I have like 10 left.  I have eaten so many of them because I don’t have any money. 

So when Javier and Veronica got married, you have to pay for the wedding.  The judge said it would be 250.000,00 so not that much.  Javier said he would bring 200.000 and i told him great we will pay the rest.  SO after the wedding, we got the 200.000 from Javier to pay the judge, and then we got out the extra 50.000 to pay her.  She ripped us off over the wedding and told us it was 450.000,00, so I paid 150.000 and Elder Hauser paid 100.000.  Then she asked if we wanted a receipt so the mission could pay us back and we said yeah.  She just left, and then I called her and asked for the receipt and she said that the couple paid for it so she can’t give us one, then I told her about how we paid for it and she just up and left. SO her response was, well when you have another wedding call me and I’ll bring you a receipt.  What a joke.  SO for all of last week and for the week that we are in I have 5.000 or $1.25.  So I’m going to take some money out today to pay for my laundry cuz I don’t have any cloths to wear.  I didn’t wash them last Monday because I didn’t have any money! 

So that how it’s going down here in the dead heat,

Love you mom

TAYLOR


I killed this lizard with a sling shot, it a sling shot that you put on your fingers.  I got it with a marble!






These toads are huge.  Ive seen bigger but didnt have the camera.  Also you can kick these like a soccor ball and they go flying a good 30 feet and about 10 feet in the air!!!  HAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment