Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 20th

Well, we lucked out I guess . . . Every Tuesday night we have a devotional.  It's a pretty big deal.  Also on Sundays.  No joke, it's like going to conference.  Two projectors come out of the ceilings, one on each side. . . with two huge screens.  It's all in the gym. . . they pull out the bleachers, set up a few hundred chairs.  They bring in a stage and it looks like you are looking up at the speaker during sacrament meeting.  They have cameras set up all over to catch the speaker, choir and us.  The hymns (words) are on the screen too.  But for our first one guess who we got.  Elder Richard G. Scott.  It was pretty cool.

Yeah, my companion is cool.  He is from Salem, Utah.

But to the subject of your letter about food . . I told day to look up Jeremiah 4:19.  There are some good meals, but Sunday stink.  Cereal in the morning which is ok.  But lunch and dinner  :(  leftovers from all week.  Lunch is at 11:30 . . . dinner is at 4:30.  Way too early.  It's not bad getting up at 6:30.  It's always nice to go to bed at 10:30 after such a long day.  But I don't mind it.

Mom, don't think you are hovering.  Send as many as you can . . . get everyone else to send them too.  Right after I got done emailing you all, we checked the mail and I got the package.  I loved all the goodies.  I already put up my pictures too.  In the next letter you should be getting some pictures if I get them developed.  But thanks again for the box.  P-Day has been so nice to just be in normal clothes and hang out with the kids in my zone.

It's been a week since I had a Dr. Pepper.  Think I'll get one tomorrow.  But I got to get to bed now.  Night!

Love,

Elder Salinas

No comments:

Post a Comment