Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 14, 2011

Hola Familia.  Como Estas?  It was a really long first day.  I was glad to go to bed at 10:30.  When I got here they gave me a bag of stuff . . . it had almost everything we went and bought (spanish scriptures, little red book) I'll send some of that home.  But it also had a big red book, dictionary, water bottle filter, Predicad Mi Evangelio (Preach my Gospel) and other Spanish tools.  We have two great teachers also.  My district is full . . . 10 of us going to Paraguay.  Mi companero is Elder Lamb.  Spencer would like him, he likes to ride dirt bikes.

It is now the end of the day.  It is so hard.  I have no clue what I am doing or what I got myself into.  The food makes me feel cruddy . . . it's ok food but not good for the insides.

Today we learned to pray in Spanish.  Most stuff we have been tuaght today and yesterday wasn't new to me, but I still have a ton to learn.  All the elders say to just make it to Sunday, then it gets a little more easy.  Thanks for all the letters, they were great.  I had four of them today.  Keep them coming.  I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Taylor  "Elder Salinas"

PS  They have Dr. Pepper here. . . caffeine free, but you have to buy it.  :(  And I know I should have brought them too, but I miss my slippers!

No comments:

Post a Comment