Saturday, April 23, 2011

April 18th

Hola!  Sunday was good.  We have interviews with President Worthington.  He is cool.  He owns a ton of Subways down here.  My companion and I get along really well.  We are the best at spanish.  When we read it some people are so "white" about it.  Elder Lamb, Elder Heiner and Elder Bartome dont get shy about reading or speaking Espanol.  On Sundays, we don't have any classes but we do have to go to the class and just read and be with our district and companions.  We have a fireside Sunday nights and a movie after it.  Rumor is that we will have another apostle for this Easter Sunday.

I'm getting pretty good at basketball and our zone always works out every night.  Push-ups, pull-ups and other stuff.  We have a ball made from a sock and tape and it feels like a baseball when you get hit with it.  We stand on ends of the hallway and huck it at each other as fast as we can.

Today we had to get blood taken to get tested for Aids.  What the heck?  That why we had physicals before we came here.


Now I can say the baptismal prayer and the missionary purpose in Spanish.  My companero are getting really good at talking to people, praying and bearing our testimonies en Espanol.  We always "contact" people (other missionaries) in Spanish.  We say . . . Hola.  Buenos Dias.  Mi nombre es Elder Salinas.  Y el es mi companero, Elder Lamb.  Somos misioneros de La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de las ultimo Dias.  Tenemos un mensaje muy importante para usted.  Yo Se Que Dios nos ama y se que Jose Smith es un Profeta verdadero, y se que la expiacion es muy importante para el plan de salvacion.  Podemos pasar a su hogar el proximo Lunes a las dos en punto.  Pero la persona a quien nos contactemos dice, "No", yo le digo, "Conoce alguien mas que le gustaria eschuchar nuestro mensaje?"

Anyways, I met this guy from Weiser while I was in line for dinner, he said Jacob Scarborough is getting baptized.  Small world!  Bad News.... most of my ties are silk.... in South America with all the humidity they will bleed all over my white shirts, so take some pics maybe of some ties I could have you send me, and I'll send mine back home.

Can you send me some thumb tacks, my flag, and that's all for now.  How is everyone doing?  Have them send mail.... that's always the best when you get tons of mail.  Adios!  I'll try to send a picture soon.

"Hasta el fin."

Elder Salinas

I learned to teach the first lesson today, in Spanish.  (4-19-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment