Monday, August 8, 2011

August 1, 2011


Well, today is the 1st and we got our money!!!! We bought some good food for the week and in a bit we are going to Makos for lunch. I’m getting a hamburger and some ice cream.  For the last 2 weeks I’ve been living on rice, ramen, and noodles. It’s been getting pretty old.  This week has been ok though....it’s about to start the last part of winter, we had part one, then it got nice again, and now it’s going to be winter for the month of august. Not too bad, only like 40 to 50 degrees, then it will get up to 114. And now I’m not the new elder anymore, the shipment of 21 elders got here last week and one is in our district so I’m officially not new. This week the family that needs to get married is starting to progress again, we found another guy, Julio Esperdella who we taught the first lesson to and he said he believed all that we told him, so then I said “well, still pray about it.”  And he said as soon as I am done with work I am going to read pray, we haven’t been back yet but probably today we will go back. At church yesterday we had to give talks because someone forgot to make assignments, so we gave talks to a whole 15 people at church and that was including us. All you Parma people think you have a small ward. HA!  So since Paraguay lost the copa America, all of the sports stores are having sales and they are getting rid of all the albirroja jerseys, so I might buy one if it is cheap. Vamos a ver.

But I really wish i was up in McCall.....on the lake and all the American food. Man I can’t wait to get there again.  Well sorry; i just don’t really have that much to write this week, did you get the letters that I sent??? Today I’m going to get some stuff for M’Kay & Spencer maybe, but I will send a letter to them tomorrow in the mail.

I really can’t wait to get my package too, but I am the farthest away from Asuncion, so if someone makes a trip there from my zone, or president comes then I will get it but until then I’m just waiting excitedly!!!!!!!!!!

SO today I got letters from Michael, Mariah (Blaylock), Saige, and Richard again, I swear Richard is like bode out of his mind without me at the lab.  Oh well, letters are letters. How about you make everyone up at reunion write me a dear elder or 2 or 3!!!!  :).

Well I hope you are all having a good time up in McCall, eat a big ice cream cone for me from the good old alley!!!!

Te Quiero Mucho!!!

Elder Salinas

No comments:

Post a Comment