Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2001

A few more pictures from the MTC

MTC District

Once a wrestler, ALWAYS a wrestler!


Enjoying a little snack!!!

More wrestling . . .

PARAGUAY PICTURES

1st package from home


He looks so happy!  That makes me happy!






Look at the dirt they come home with everyday!





Dear mom,

So now that all the kids are gone back to school, you can just enjoy it....since there is nobody to bug you.

Well I got my package this morning.  The thing that they sent out about packages isn't really that important....it just means that I have to pay for them to send it out to me, not that big of a deal so whenever you want to send one you are more than welcome to!!!  One thing, we don’t have a muffin pan so I think those will just get made into the pancakes. My breakfast of starbursts was very yummy too.  I just loved all of it.  I haven't tried out my water enhancer yet it smells good!!!  Mom remember what you said about the summer is going to go by slow for you while I am out here, well it’s over already and  it went by fast.  This week we had some interesting stuff, on Saturday night we ate cow heart which wasn't that bad, it was actually good.  

On Monday I expect a bunch of pictures from Spencer and Grants games. Idk if M’Kay is playing football or not, for east or for little kids again but pics of his games too.

With my handy dandy Skippy peanut butter I'm gonna want to eat 3 of them sandwiches a day too, but the only thing here that is close to jam is Dulce de guayaba, it’s like guava jam, its def not my favorite but i can deal with it.  

I'm surprised that Spencer got to take the boat out by himself with Grant and M’Kay but with friends wow wow wee wow....and yep sounds like Spencer to forget the boat keys, surprised he didn't do that with his dirt bike too.

And M’Kay has his b day in 5 days.  Did Spencer and M’Kay get their letter yet???

I’ll have to tell you my fave scripture next week, I don’t really know one right now....

Elder Moore & I  try to work out in our appt, we have boxes of Books of Mormon that we can use as a weight I guess, we can do pushups, jumping jacks and stuff that will help in the long run.  We do however get a ton of walking in during the day, I had an idea that I should have brought a mile counter with me so I could write down how far I walked everyday in my journal and by the end of 2 years have it be hundreds or thousands of miles!!!

I'm not sure if I have really gained weight or lost weight, when it’s hot you sweat like a dog and it’s not even summer yet, forget about going to the bathroom, it’s always water whatever end it comes out off!!! But the food I eat, oh so yummy and greasy. Yesterday we went to the Delgado's for lunch(pretty much every day it seems like) and she made a huge thing of empanadas, so I had like 10, I don’t want to get fat but it’s so hard to not get fat here in Paraguay. 

This week we got a referral from Hna Delgado and we went to his house, he was a less active member and apparently he moved or something, but his dad came to the door and he said we could come back on Thursday, so we went back and it was a good lesson, his wife and son are members. He has a good chance of getting baptized  next change.  We taught him lesson 1 and it was pretty good.  When people don't talk a billion miles an hour I can understand them, pretty much all of it, there are just some words that I don't know yet.  And I can talk back to them about most stuff now. 

I learn lots from Elder Moore, he knows about every scripture or a scripture for about every situation and me ha I know like none.  But one day I hope!   He never has problems with saying OK mi compaƱero va a compartir una escritura con nosotros. I’ll pick one out, have them  read it and then I’ll explain it and ask them about what they understand, how it applies to them and bla bla bla. I like doing that, it’s fun, being here is great. Yeah i miss all of you but I have another family down here.  

This Thursday Pres. Arnold of the 70 is coming for zone conference.  Probably going to be ballin. And they said he probably has time for interviews, like talk to you and see how you’re doing how your family is, stuff about you. Elder  Moore & I are going to try and get one.

Oh and Elder Moore and I get along all the time just fine, we never fight and always have a good time. There are tons of missionaries who just hate their trainers, but I was lucky!

One of the better experiences this week was I took a picture of YODA....this old lady out in the campo came to the door with her star wars beanie, return of the Jedi, I’ll send  it home today.

Thanks for the package of goodies, I have to write some letters and stuff and then I will send all them home and my camera card home so yall can see some more pictures.

Love ya mom


TAYLOR

No comments:

Post a Comment