Monday, November 19, 2012

November 5, 2012


Dear Family. . .

This letter is late again because I was at immigrations all morning, but this time it was for me.  It was great because we had a huge reunion of the missionaries from my group. . . So me, Heiner, Stephenson, Mower, Neves, White, Bartelome, Cleverly and some others spent the whole morning talking about whatever.  Pretty much just movie quotes and singing worldly songs but it was really fun.  But I don’t know how I’m going to live with Elder Heiner now...he has a satchel or man bag like Jordan and Austins dads.  Looks a little girl haha.  Then we all sat down to a great lunch at McDonalds....first time I have eaten fast food in a year and a half.  It was good, but kind of hard to eat.  

No mom, transfers are not this week,,,they were last week.  And I had to stay here in 3 bocas but I did get a new comp... He is from Mexico...he is about to reach 5 months in the mission.  He is awesome.  He has really helped me to get back into things.  Elder Pinche Salas pretty much killed my spirit and I was just done, but in a very humble way, Elder Chavez, helped me to be back on top of the world.  We work really well together, and he is really excited to be a missionary.  This week we made some awesome food.  Real food, not that Paraguayan stuff that we get fed...we made some Tacos...They were delish.  And he is going to teach me to make Mexican rice and Mexican beans and a bunch of stuff.

So Elder Salas got sent to an area really close to this one...he is with one of the most screw off missionaries in the mission. . . and this is his last change so he is really trunky...then Elder Salas is going to start his last change and he will just be even worse.  I doubt the area that they are in right now will see progress for the next 3 or 4 months.

I got all of the letters and pics last week.  Thanks.  I can’t wait to use the sweet pics for my agendas...

This week we had some really good lessons.  One day it was going not as good...and then we had a lesson that made the whole day worth it.  We were feeling bad about how the work wasn’t great and after the lesson with Fransisco, we could feel the spirit and we were happy for the rest of the day.  Elder Chavez and I have been teaching really good.  He has really helped me to regain the passion for teaching.  One thing he is always saying is ´´hey, elder, you only have 3 transfers left...you have to take advantage of them, and I’m gonna help you.´´´ Its weird to think that I have that much time left...it’s kind of sad.  I’ve gotten to be a good teacher, and really been able to help people understand the message we share.  It’s going to be a great transfer with Elder Chavez.

There is something weird here, they have a ton of Christmas decorations up in the supermarket here.  They have little trees and everything.  I can’t wait for Christmas.

Now, is the watermelon season.  So the roads are just lined with watermelon pyramids.  Yesterday we were walking and I said hey I’m going to go eat that guys watermelon.  We walked by and he said, come here, you like watermelon...and we ate a ton of it with him...while we were eating it we shared our message with him.  He is kind of mentally blind...everything he was saying was just backing up the restoration but he was having a hard time understanding it.

I ordered a tapa or a case for my PMG.  On the front it’s got Samuel the Lamanite preaching on the wall and on the back it has a pic of missionaries with swords and the stripling warriors.  I was going to get it today, but I had to go to the office...so we´ll see when I get it.

It’s really hot here too...it was 103 yesterday and its springtime...I don’t want to go thru another summer here.  Spencer you have no clue how hotttt it is..nothing close to what it is in Florida!!!

Love you all

 Pirated Movies

 Elder Salas on left - Elder Salinas on right

Homemade Tacos with Elder Chavez

No comments:

Post a Comment