Monday, November 19, 2012

November 12, 2012


Dear mom. . . and family.

Sounds like all of you had a good week.  It will be nice to be able to see the prophet and be at the dedication.  Maybe I’ll be there for the next one when they build the Meridian Temple.  Just like you all...the week was pretty much the same.  But we did have some good experiences.  

We have an investigator named Cezar.  And his wife and his dad....they are our neighbors.  This week we had 2 great lessons with Cezar.  Elder Chavez and I have really been focusing in on the needs of the people and not teaching every point of the lesson.  The first one we had was on Monday...or Tuesday.  We were teaching Cezar with a member...and then it was my turn to talk and  I don’t remember all of what happened, but Cezar just sat there in awe.  So did my comp and the member with us.  The spirit just took over and gave Cezar what he needed.  After the lesson, my comp and the member kept asking each other what happened to me.  The only thing that it was, was the spirit.  3 days later, we went to say hi to Cezar but he invited us to come in...I shared with him Alma 11 and Alma 40.   He just lost his mom like 2 or 3 months ago.  My comp said that the things I said were amazing.  The Lord has really prepared Cezar for the Gospel.  Then yesterday after a long, hard day without success, we were walking by and said hi to his dad...he said look kids I’m Catholic and I’m gonna stay catholic.  He asked if we read the bible, and I said yeah.  He let us come in and we had a great lesson...we answered a ton of his questions and he has a baptism date for the 24th of November.  After he said the prayer, he asked what we thought of death...I said you can see your wife again and be with her forever.  He just sat there surprised wanting to learn more...the spirit was testifying to him that it was true so we left him.  He is a great man.

This week we were trying teach another older guy at a members house.  They are way inactive.  My comp asks her, and sister Troche, how did you feel when you knew that the gospel was true.  You know what she said...I NEVER KNEW IF IT WAS TRUE...WE GOT BAPTIZED BECAUSE WE WERE GOOD FRIENDS WITH THE MISSIONARIES.  What? Don’t say that when they are trying to baptize your dad.  This week there were more of those, the church isn’t true in Paraguay feelings.  The branch is struggling a lot...we got called up 
10:00 Saturday night...saying um elders can you give talks tomorrow??? 

My comp has some knarley PFCs.  I have a pic to send you with them on.  He is doing good, he just worries way too much.  Last night we were talking about all of the food that we buy from Campos Market...we talked about Jaritos and all the crappy candy they sell there haha.  And he is a little bigger than me, and he is always asking everyone for water.  So then they give me some water and its nasty.  I am so tired of well water...its not the sweet clean water you get at grandpas house...this comes from a dirty dirt well...full of floaties and grass junk.    BARF!!!!!!!!!!

This week was tough too....I have 5 months left.  My trunky papers are here asking me where I want to land and what leadership I have had in the mission.  I can’t wait to be home.  I’m just trying not to think about it and not DIE before I come home.  Mostly because we are having trouble finding new people to teach.  My comp tries too hard at doors and on the road and it kind of scares people away...so then he gets mad or sad.  When I have a good investigator I can go all day.  But we have just been frustrated with not finding many really good elected chosen people to teach.  Ands the week was bad because fetchin Obama won again.  LAME!!!!!

I did get my shoes fixed...some guy stitched them up and put leather patches on the inside so they won’t rip anymore....I give it a month or 2 before I do it again.  

God is way too merciful to the people here in Paraguay.  There is a barrio in our area it’s so bad.  Babylon itself...the ladies are all naked and dressed like crud.,  And I have never seen so many drug deals in my life.  We try not to go there because it’s like rougher than Compton.  No Joke!!!  When the Lord comes again, he is going to stop that barrio down hard.

I need 2 things mom.....

1. Waffle Recipie....i have a waffle iron in my house...and waffles are cheap to make.
2.  I need you to put 55 bucks in my savings account so I can take money out for something I bought.

love you all

Taylor
 Sweet PFC's

Elder Chavez & Elder Salinas

Elder Salinas with Dog



No comments:

Post a Comment