Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19, 2012


Dear family. . . we had another good week here in Paraguay.  Elder Chavez and I are working hard.  And finally are seeing the results from our hard work.  And sounds like all of your hard work paid off too.  Too bad you will have to do it again when they build the temple in Meridian.  I bet while the Prophet was here, they went looking for a place to build it.  We´ll get to go to that dedication.  

This week we didn’t have a ton of lessons.  But we did have really good ones with Nelson and Cantalisio.  Nelson came to church yesterday.  Like 3 days ago we taught him Lesson 1 again and it was awesome. It had been sort of a slow day with no lessons and I just wanted to be done for the day.  Elder Chavez started the lesson and got like half through it and then I started to talk.  I got out my book of church pictures and taught it perfectly.  The Spirit helped us so much in that lesson we felt it and so did Nelson. Then he started to talk about his testimony that he is gaining right now.  Then he said the prayer and asked God if it was true, if Joseph Smith was a Prophet and if the Book of Mormon was true....and he just got real quiet and felt the spirit testify to him.  He knows it’s true.  He has baptism date for the 1st of December.  

Now Cantalisio ( Caun-ta-lee-see-oh ).  He is our neighbor.  He is a stud.  We or I taught lesson 2 to him Saturday night.  My comp said he doesn’t know how to teach it or know really what to do for lesson 2.  How can you not know how to teach the best of all the lessons...the plan of salvation?  So he really likes the Book of Mormon and reads from it a lot....so I used like 1000 scriptures to share lesson 2 with him.  He just sat there in amazement.  He just asked, could it be?  Will I be resurrected?  Will I see my wife again?  We told him how he could do all of this.  Then we sang God be with you till we meet again.  As we were singing, I was thinking about the time that I have spent here in Paraguay.. . . and that in 5 months I will be at President Agazzani´s house with his wife and the other missionaries singing this song.  I don’t want to leave Paraguay.  I want to stay...  Then we finished the song, and Cantalisio said the prayer.  In his prayer he asked that God would guide him to the truth and that he would bless us the missionaries to be able to help him find the truth.  He also asked if the Book Of Mormon and if Joseph Smith were true.  After he was done, he looked us in the eyes and thanked us, with tears coming down his cheeks.  This man is amazing.  He will be baptized the 1st of December. 

Also, right now we are looking for new people.  Its so boring clapping houses.  Spencer, we don’t get any of those so called ´´Media References´´ so don’t ever complain haha.... ;)  Oh and you letter was cool Spencer. . . 90 some letters left to write mom...I got 20!!! But I will congratulate you. . .2 months down.  Was fast wasn’t it.  It just goes faster.  And about going out with you to teach everyone, I don’t know about that, I can only do it in Spanish.  We have tried to teach people in English that speak English and it just doesn’t come out good.  The gospel is better in Spanish.  And you need to get on your comps butt for being a lazy turd.  It’s better to offend him then to offend the Lord.

Yesterday we had 5 investigators at chuch.  We were expecting Nelson, Cantalisio, Cezar, his wife Paola, and another Paola.  Of those 5 Nelson was the only one to come, and 4 others.  So that was good.  Yesterday was the Primary Program.  Oh my gosh!!!  Yes they worked kind of hard but it was bad.  It was like one of Spencer’s 4th Grade Pioneer projects, finished last minute at 6 in the morning!  There were like 10 kids in the program.  No body plays the piano here so it was just the CD´s of the music...and the kids didn’t know like any of the songs, so it was pretty much listen to the Cd´s for 30 minutes.  But it was good anyways!

So mom, I too have been listening to Christmas music.  Can’t wait.  They have lights up and trees here in my area.  They aren’t even close to what we have in America, and there is no Christmas spirit.  But we will have a little when I get my package.  Oh yeah and did you guys get my letter yet???

I have also been doing more exercises.  A ton of abs and chest workouts.  Morning and Night.  I did some squats too, oh my, my legs are so out of shape right now....I did 2 sets of 100 with no weight, the next day they hurt so bad.  Gonna need to do than when I get home...get in shape.

And MOM. . . not fair that you got an Iphone 5.  If you have one, I am for sure getting one when I get home....You can’t say no Dad.  Who knows, maybe there will be an iphone 6.  But really mom it is sweet...do you have that thing called siri..where it’s like the hands free text and look stuff up on your phone and the web????  Making me trunky mom!!!!!  

Love you all

Taylor

 Taylor washing his shirts in the sink!

 White Shirts and Slacks hanging out to dry!
"Clapping" houses

No comments:

Post a Comment