Monday, October 22, 2012

October 8, 2012


Dear Mom. . . 

So conference was really good.  The theme that I got out of conference was to do the little things like take ocare of your family, like telling your wife you love her, and spending time with the kids, repentance...all of these things bring a mighty change of heart so that we can all become disciples of Christ.  SO yeah i enjoyed it.  We had two investigators go. Elder Hales sure made a comeback too...even stood up for his whole talk. Only one more General Conference and I’ll be home....that’s fast and crazy...2 months is Christmas, then 2 months later my b day and then I will be coming home ;)

This week was starting off as usual...but then we had divisions with the zone leaders.  We did them for 2 days instead of 1.  Elder Marple came over to my area and we got a lot of stuff done.  Elder Salas hates divisions and called the zone leaders to say not to do them because I didn’t know the area.  Whatever!  So I talked to Elder Marple on the phone and told him that he was coming over.  He was excited...and all we wanted to do was find new investigators and make some plans and goals for my area...since it’s kind of in a wreck.  We found some great news and a ton of miracles.  One is a great family that we found.  It was a lady who had been baptized like 12 years ago.  She said that her husband would never let us in...we asked him and he let us right in.  We had a sweet lesson and he has a baptism date for the 27th.  Also the 2 parents of the lady have baptism date for the 27th.  That’s just one of the people we found.

I set some goals for my area.  I want the Branch to turn into a Ward.  SO we need more Priesthood holders. What I am going to do to achieve the goal is 3 baptisms each change (every 6 weeks). 2 of them are to be men that will get the priesthood.  And 2 of them are going to be references from members.  To get those 3 baptism I will need to have 9 people with baptism date every week.  And every baptism invitation will be with a specific date.  The little note I put on the wall in front of my study desk...Act.  Don’t be acted upon.

So some things have changed.  The second coming just got closer with the change of the missionary age.  Looks like Dalton is gone next year.  And Grant and Spencer do overlap.  Also, now it will be hard for all of us to get married since all of the young ladies will want to go on missions now. 
There is a sister  in my district from Mexico.  She was in Encarnacion and knows Fernando.  She said he was mad about the sisters getting taken out of Encarnacion and that they were putting elders back there....so he said he was going to go on a mission.  I sent him a letter last week so he should get it soon.  We´ll see what he says about that.


Sure love you mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment