Monday, October 22, 2012

October 15, 2012


Dearest mom....

This week was mas o menos.  Not the best one I´ve had in the mission.  The numbers weren’t that great.  Elder Salas is really TRUNKY.  It was just kind of hard.  We are on a diet by obligation....the fridge broke like 2 and half weeks ago and the office still hasn’t done anything about it.  I haven’t been able to buy food for the last 2 weeks.  The only stuff we buy is food on the street.  That is really bugging me.  And the food here in Paraguay is really starting to get to  me too... I´m tired of it...no flavor, just boring gross food....and its been making me sick.  That’s why for Christmas I would like you to send me some season salt or something like that.

Well a year ago I started my mission papers mom.  And I hit the 18 month mark!!!  That was really fast.  I only have 6 months left and there are a ton of things I want to do.  Like finish the Book of Mormon again.  I’m in Alma right now, in chapter 16.  I think i will be able to do it.  The day I get home, are we going to read Moroni 10 in Spanish, English, Portuguese or Guarani?  We can read a little in all 4 languages.  Oh and I got a letter from Grandma Nette this week.  When i was reading it i had an idea.  She will be at our house the night i get there...I’d like her to say the prayer after reading Moroni 10, and follow his counsel and ask Heavenly Father if it is true.  That is if there is not a huge mob of people at our house.  I would rather not have a huge party that night...
 
So how is the school sign up going haha.  You can start today right.  I was thinking about it this last week...see if you can sign me up for BYU Provo too.  Don’t know if i have good enough sat scores to get in but its worth a shot.  There won’t be that many freshman who will be signed up.  And I could work at the dental lab which I will really need...a good job.  But I’m going to see Elder Heiner on the 27th when Elder Bednar comes so I’ll alk to him about it if i have a minute.  Maybe I can convince him to go to Provo...where all of our mission friends are. 

So a weird thing that happened this week was what my comp said to a lady.  She is a less active member.  He was like wow you are like really skinny since the last time I saw you.  She said something about her baby who is like 2 or 3.  And my comp was like oh yeah duh, she is sucking you dry....I can tell.  Yeah that was awkward.  I know she is like the lady on Grown ups who let her kid breast feed for really really really long but that doesn’t give my comp the right to talk about her milk.  So lame.  He is just an interesting soul.  Oh yeah, another story he told to some members this week...apparently he was kidnapped when he was little.  But he was kidnapped by organ sellers.  He said that there were like 50 kids at this place and that they were going to harvest their organs and sell them on the black market ( you can get organs in Ciudad del Este).  But he broke free and escaped, but none of the other kids escaped only he did.  Yeah ok...(in a Spencer voice.)

This week we had interviews with Pres. Agazzani.  They were alright, but not as uplifting as the ones with Pres Callan.  He just asks you if you have questions for him.  So I said what do I do with my comp who is trunky, not wanting to do anything or obey the rules.  He told me about one of his comps.  One who snuck out and was a disaster.  Then said we all will have one of those types of companions in the mission.  Then he said just deal with it.  Then he just said be happy and work hard to be a good example for him....and that’s what I’m trying to do.  Just help him to be a good missionary.  A real returned missionary, not somebody who did some tour of Paraguay and counted it as service for the Lord.

So there is this one family that I found last week.  Dionisio and his wife Mari.  He plays soccer for a semi pro team.  If he won his game yesterday then they will move up to the pros.  Mari is a member but not Dionisio.  He is on vacation now so hopefully we can find him.  We have a planned visit with them tonight at 6.  He had a baptismal date for the 27th but he has to come to church 2 times first.  He is really cool. Hope we find him tonight.  And then there is the Ocampos Family.  They are all members except for Fatima and Monze.  We are going to visit them tonight too. We want to have them baptized Saturday or the next week.  All Elder Salas and I want is one baptism together.  That was his goal on his mission, baptize with every comp....that’s what I’m trying to help him achieve.

So some stuff that i would like for Christmas would be Peanut butter, A Dr. Pepper, Pictures, A new tie, Jalapeño cheetos, no gum i have some from last Christmas and my bday still, Season salt, some TJMaxx special puma socks, mine are all holy and my ´´church socks´´ all the elastic is gone so they just fall down, i would like my iPod cord and wall plug so i can charge my iPod because the speakers are broken, and candy almond joy, twix, kit kat, reeces, Swedish fish, butterfinger, twizzlers, and some face wash...
 
That’s about it for the week....love you all

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment