Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, 2012


Dear Mom. .. 

Sounds like the family is really growing up and we don’t have to sit around at little kid things anymore...well not for like 10 years.....or it could be less, but let’s not count on that.  Just as Dad said, looks like Grant is growing up haha.  Remember when I broke my thumb wrestling Tyler Moore and that weird doctor who did the x ray and gave me that huge cast....well if you sort of remember, that’s what my companion looks like.  And he is studying to be a doctor too...

But also the whole family is sick it seems like.  Yall can’t poop out on me before I get home.  All of you have to be there.  But I haven’t been feeling that good either.  I haven’t eaten hardly anything this week.  One we still don’t have a fridge or money...but when there was food I just had no desire to eat anything....I went 3 whole days without eating anything and then the other days I ate ramen noodles because that’s all I bought.  And I havn’t been able to sleep at all...I got like 3 hours of sleep last night and 3 hours of sleep Saturday night.  It was probably bad of me but I took a nap yesterday....After our overloaded sacrament meeting of 9 people including us we had lunch with the bishops family and I ate a ton...Probably because it was real food and not empanadas or junk food we buy on the streets.  

So I got a letter this week from Audrey Aultz.  I’m going see Elder Hiener, Elder Lamb, Elder Bartlome, Elder LaFaye, and a bunch of other mission friends.  I don’t know what I’m more excited for, see Heiner and Stephenson or meet Elder Bednar.  It’s kind of a toss up. (j/k)

So I’m pretty much done with Elder Salas.  I can’t take him anymore.  This is one of those hard things I can do.  In my letter to president, I’m going to ask for a change....We have changes in a week, so I’m just going to ask that he move me and not Salas.  He only has 3 months left, he can stay here.  I don’t know what he and his last comp did, but this area is a disaster.  All of the members just think that we come over to talk or watch TV.  And the way they treat us or how they think they can act with us is inappropriate.  

So the first thing that happened this week was that a 13 year old girl put two sewing needles in the chair, they are the big 2 and a half inchers.  Elder Salas sat down on it hard.  Also he now has a heart problem and kidney problems.  And Sunday we gave talks....mine was on charity and missionary work.  It was good, I think I did a good job.  My comp took his backpack up to the pulpit and started pulling a bunch of junk out of it.  He pulled out a tennis racket, a soccer jersey, and other lame stuff.  He started talking about how they were his treasures from Paraguay and it had nothing to do with any spiritual message at all....and then mid talk he said oh yeah and this, pulled out a guitar pick from his wallet and said I’m grateful that I can carry this around with me always too.  I used it to play the guitar and play backstreet boys, then he started to sing part of a song from the backstreet boys and he was also dancing...Soooo embarrassing.

I have one investigator who is pretty cool.  His name is Dionisio.  He plays soccer, for the big teams here in Paraguay.  They play on the pro level.  We might get some free soccer jerseys.  His wife is a member.  He likes what we teach, but we can’t really convince him to get married to  her, or even think about it really.  Both of them say that nobody is meant to be together forever.  Big wall we have to break through.  They didn’t come to church yesterday either.  I was banking on him to come.  But there wasn’t like a single person in the whole zone who had investigators come to church.  And the other ok investigators didn’t come either.  

Oh yeah and here in Paraguay the Mangos are here...every where you go, MANGOS.  People just toss truck loads out because they have so many.  And there are limes, oranges and bananas.  How are the fruits down in Florida Spencer.  Any oranges yet or what???  Oh and Paraguay didn’t make the world cup so people down here are pretty ticked off!!!

Have a good week!  I love you

Love ya tons...

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment