Friday, August 10, 2012

July 23, 2012


Dear mom. .. .. .. 

This was an ok week.  I went on Divisions with Elder Garzon from Columbia.  He has the same time I do in the mission.  It was like every other Tuesday of this change.  I got stuff done!!! Every time I have been on divisions with another elder things got done in my area.  All last change I just wanted to do my best and help everyone, that’s why I’m the DL....because Heavenly Father knows what I want and what I wanted.  This change has really stunk.  I know we had the 2 baptisms but that was because Elder Keller and I taught them.  I really feel like the ´´work´´ that has been done with Elder Cardozo is not great.  I have never felt that this badly about my work ethic, but this last change is killing me.  This week we have interviews with Pres. Agazzani.  I’m sure I will be the last because I’m the district leader...and I will have to tell him how the district is doing, how I’m doing and my comp.  So I can’t wait for that.  My district is doing better this week; we had better numbers in total.  In the district meeting last week I prepared a lesson on obedience.  I told all of them that they needed to dust off where the others can’t see, and that their investigators will not progress if they are not obedient or progressing.  Then we did a practice where they all had on point of lesson one and they had to teach me.  They had to invite me to be baptized at every point, so Elder Call taught the apostasy and had to invite me and so on.  It was a good practice, and the district as a whole had more invitations.  Tomorrow I´m gonna talk about inviting with a baptism date, we aren’t doing so hot in that right now.  And we are so close to reaching the goal we have of 7 baptisms this month.  After this week we would need 2 more, hope we can do it and find some miracles.

This week I was mad at my comp and tired of him being lazy.  And the lessons were not happening and I told him to clap a house and to my surprise he did it.  Some little girl came out and yelled into the house ´´Mormons¨´ and then a dude came out all excited, he asked us if we were gonna come in, how the church was doing and that never happens mom.  Then I was like this guy has to be a member, but he isn’t.  We had a sweet lesson with him and invited him to be baptized....he said if God answers his prayer.  Also I have been working with the less active to find part member families...it’s been working out good.  

And it seems to me that the summer is just about to end.  Reunion next week, then football is gonna start, next Spencer will be gone, a month later I will get papers that ask me where I want to fly to, and what day I am leaving, then you will get my flight and travel plans.  Time just goes by too fast mom.  

We have transfers in 2 weeks....I wouldn’t mind staying here for 2 more transfers.  I will be here for at least one more transfer, or until Spencer goes to the MTC.  I really like the area that I am in.  And we are seeing a lot of progress in the Branch.....80 people yesterday.  Record!!!  They almost ran out of cups of water for the sacrament.

I have really been thinking about what dad said to me in his letter this last week.  I have always been a leader.  People always picked me.  I don’t know why, but they always did.  I’m just trying to be that example to everyone in my district.  I know I can work harder out here . . . I am just trying to serve and learn.  Wrestling and my job at the lab, everyone always saw how hard I worked, i don’t know if I have worked as hard here as I did at wrestling or at the lab.  I already have a list of stuff to ask Pres. Agazzani this Thursday.  If I could just be with Elder lamb, Elder Heiner, Elder Bartlome, or Elder Stephenson.  People who I see work hard, who understand what our purpose is, and just do everything possible to be the best.  I know what would get done!!!!

Love you all 

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment