Monday, February 20, 2012

February 13, 2012

Hey mom how are you doing?  This week was really hard.  I got sick, I had a fever of 103 and then like 101 the next day.  I felt like crud and then my comp got sick too.  We both had fevers and diarrhea; sorry it’s in Spanish I don’t know how to spell it in English.  And we had like no lessons so it makes it look like a really bad week and that we did nothing.  But we did get some great new investigators.  One Family who we love and they love us is the Oliveira family. The mom of Brother Oliviera moved in with them because she is tired of the garbage that happens with her kids who are not members yet.  She moved in with the promise of going to church and listening to the missionaries.  We taught her lesson one and she said she would read the BOM and be baptized and go to church.  2 days later we taught the plan of salvation and she actually talked to us in this lesson.  I asked her if she wanted to be baptized still and she said that she was going to be baptized and she read the BOM.  None of us thought that she was going to come to church this week because she has been invited hundreds of times, but she came, and today we are going to change her baptism date for this Saturday so hope that goes all good tonight.  Also we got a couple; they were a reference from the Vega family.  They really like the lessons we teach them and about how families can be eternal but they didn’t come to church.  We will be dropping the cane on them and the Vega family today!!!

That’s so cool Morgan and Hunter got their mission calls.  I’m sure grandma great and grandpa great are proud to have 1 missionary and 3 future missionaries.

I can’t wait for next week to hear how district went.  Obviously Spencer has the number one seed and that he will win, tell him he has to pin his way through the tournament, and that if he does that he will win State!!!!

You had stake conference and we had zone conference.  It was good.  I say Elder Lamb.  We learned a lot of stuff to help us be better missionaries.  This last week I have really been trying to hear the spirit and hear the investigators and what they need, what part of the Doctrine of Christ they need in their lives.  Also I think I have been doing better at asking inspired questions.

I got my birthday package on Thursday and I got 3 letters from Saige.  I can’t believe what you put in there mom.  Like I told you how the week was hard and crappy, I changed that last night by drinking my(caffeine free) Dr. Pepper.  It tasted so good.  I took a pic of me drinking it for you also.  I loved all the pics too and the shirt.  The shoes are good.  Well the bottoms of them are great, the inside and the top on the outside aren’t doing to good.  But they are gonna last a while.

My companion and I are doing good.  We always talk about funny stuff and have all of our inside jokes and stuff.  This is the last week of the change and the last week of training him.  I’m glad about that, because 4 hours of studying is a long time.  I will be able to leave the house at 10:30 am again.  I’m gonna ask president if I can stay in this area too.

Also last things....today I have 10 months in the mission!!!!

When does Dallin Hardy leave?

That’s about it

Love you mom

Taylor

 Birthday Box - - plus new shoes

 Eating a Cow Head - - SICK!

 First Dr. Pepper in MONTHS!

 Awww . . .Sweet satisfaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment