Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012

Yeah it’s P-Day finally!!!!

Well the week wasn’t too bad. We don’t have very good numbers. But Elder Segovia and I felt good about what we were doing all week long. One Day it was raining a ton and of course we didn’t have our umbrellas and we didn’t care either, we were just happy to get cooled off for the day, but we knocked this house and the lady yelled at us that we couldn’t come in because it was raining......yeah it’s raining so let us in for a minute to get away from it!

We had one investigator at church that has a baptism date. He has a problem with drinking and smoking but he has a friend at the church that can help him with all of that. He has a baptism date for the 28 of January. Then we had a bunch more people with a baptism date but they didn’t come to church so they can’t get baptized on that date.

I have like a problem in my mouth. I thought it was just a canker sore or something, but then it got worse and got swollen. So I called Sister Callan to ask her if there is some kind of antibiotic I could take. She said she would call later that night, so when she called she gave the phone to Pres Callan to talk to me cuz he knows a little about the mouth. So I was trying to figure out where it was in my mouth and I said president, its right above tooth number 4 the bicuspid. He said wait what...elder do you have like a dental background. And then we talked for a min and he told me it was nice to have someone who knows how to number teeth. He said it’s a disaster to ask missionaries which tooth hurts and where it is. But it looks like a big blister and he said to check to see if yellow puss comes out of it and it was. The swelling has gone down. I almost had to go get an x-ray to send to him to see what we need to do. I’ll call him today to tell him how it is.

I do have some things that I want...if you would like to send me a few things on my birthday...I would like a bag of jalapeño cheetos, a rubix cube, and a jump rope. See if you can get me a jump rope like the one I would always use at wrestling, and I might still have the yellow one in my room somewhere. And the rubix cube, go onto like rubix cube .com and see if they have one of the mini keychain size ones....that’s 3 blocks on each side, and if not maybe just a normal size rubix cube!!!!! :)

Also, did my tax return of like1600 bucks ever come last year.....and did my tax sheet come this year yet. Tell dad to do that thing quick so I can get some more money in my account for when I get home!!!!

Last night, we went to a member’s house, they gave us a reference of a family of like 15, so we are going to try to contact them today. Hope we can get something out of that. We could really use something like that!!!!

This week, we went over to the old bishop’s house, he got released a week ago after being bishop for 11 years. He is way rich cuz he like a pharmacist or something, and they always give us lunch on Thursday, and since he is gone all day we can never go over to eat cuz he only has 4 girls and his wife.....but he was on vacation this week and we ate at their house. While we were waiting, we went into his theater room and watched the Christmas event that happened at the conference center in 2010 or 2011 when Nat King Cole’s daughter sang. That was cool, cuz it was in English and he speaks English too.

I’m gonna look to see if I can find a small box or package thing today....but if you send me a package for my birthday, you should put a big padded envelope in there so I can have one for the future to send stuff home to you!!!

Oh and Spencer's eye is sweet...I'll bet coach loves that.  And whats up with all my stuff getting used while I am gone.  I have a pic of you guys at the cemetary and Grant has my old school nikes on that Josh gave me and this pic, Spencer is using my blanket.  My nike shox better be under my bet still.  and nobody can touch my external hard drive with all my movies, pictures, music, my life is on there....no touching!!!!  But I guess Grandma Mann can make me a new blanket when I get home, one that's bigger so it fits me!!!!


***FYI - -  His blanket has never been used until last night because Spencer's was filthy from being on the bus to Elko for wrestling.  And yes, everything is untouched, under his bed, just like he left it!***  Paranoid a little?  :)

That's about all for this week

Love you mom

Taylor

PS  And what did sister Acuña say to you, or did you not understand her letter.  She said she sent you one.

(***I didn't know what he was talking about so I logged on to his Facebook account and sure enough there was a little note to us from a sister in Paraguay!  Here is the google translation:***)

HNa Hello! Am the Sister. Acuna, of Paraguay. I want to tell her son is serving in my neighborhood, the neighborhood pto.Pabla ... the very good and works hard ... I tell you who passes by my house to share with us and we appreciate much! Adib our son is serving in the Argentina Resistencia mission and they are friends! from here sent him my regards and affection for you and your beautiful family !!!:)

Their friend Jorge (the one who always makes the weird food) does BBQ´s for people for like parties of about 150 to 200 people and he always cooks.  They are American so he gets paid in dollars.  He is waiting until the dollar goes up some more so he can change it over for more guaraní´s!

Taylor's little "gangsta" buddies Moises & Joel

This is a "light" rain!  Look at that street!

No comments:

Post a Comment