Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5, 2011

Hey mom how’s it going? Going all good here, this morning found out who my new companion is going to be, Elder Perez. A Latin, which is what I need, I can understand about everything, but me cuesta or idk how to say that in English, it cost me or it’s hard for me to talk in all or every situation. But with him it will be good. This change went by faster than the last change did and I guess they will start to go by even faster when I start to become a better missionary. Anyways this last week was the longest week that I have had on the mission, it just, well we were just ticked!!!!!

So last Thursday, we did divisions with the zone leaders, I stayed here in centro and Elder Moore went to the other rama. We went to Lily to do her baptismal interview, and guess who was there, Hno. Nappa. His brothers got tired of him in Asunción and basically kicked him out. So he just showed up here, justito the day of her interview. Lily is such a nice person, even though she hates him for what he did, she let him back into the house until he can find somewhere to live or whatever he is going to do. SO she didn’t get baptized, I just want him to like fall off the face of the earth right now.

Pedro and Sonia are doing mas o menos. Hna Delgado went over to her house one day to see how Sonia was doing. Sonia said she wanted Hna Delgado to come back another day and talk about her wedding. Which is good, because Sonia is thinking about it, I don’t know what she said to her but, hopefully whatever hna Delgado is doing is helping her.

We did find two new golden investigators though.....out in San Miguel, we found a family who is really interested. They asked us for folletos,(pamphlets) and when are we coming back. They had good questions too. It will take a little time but, they will hopefully progress.

While we were at this family, the church called us and said they had a referral from Salt Lake. Yeah those never happen. Well this guy or referral (Fernando) is real.. He asked us what time church started, before we could invite him. He came to all 3 meetings, got there before we did at 8:30 and he was wearing a suit. 20 min after church was over, he sent us a message asking for a Book of Mormon. Later in the day he asked if we were still going to come visit him. We had an awesome lesson with him, the first lesson. In Preach My Gospel, there is a section that has questions of the soul like do kids need to be baptized, other stuff. So we gave it to him to pick out a topic. He picked out why does God allow suffering and pains. So we marked like 3 chapters for him to read. Then he asked, did Jesucristo really come to the Americas, so we marked that chapter too. The only problem he may have is looking up stuff on the internet, he is a little nerdy. I would not be surprised if he has read the whole Book of Mormon by Wednesday when we go back. Also a lady from Salt Lake calls him ever so often and talks to him about church and the Book of Mormon, so yeah basically he is getting baptized next Saturday!

It sounds like the boys are lovin football, and M’Kay is well idk what he is, does he like passing the sacrament, and does he like going around for 2 hours to get fast offerings. HAHA. Didn’t get any email from McCall this week. What the heck McCall? Where is it.


Well that’s about it for this week, I’ll let you know how my new companion is this next week. Elder Moore leaves tomorrow night, and my new comp will get here Wednesday. He looks pretty cool. I love you mom, I’ll keep working on that list of possibilities. Elder Moore is going up to Utah when he gets home as soon as he can to see his grandpa who isn’t doing the greatest. He is going to send me a few things, so if you want to drive down and meet him and his family and drop a small note or candy bar that would be cool.

His mom´s email is

Tracy Moore..... E-mail
And my companion (FACEBOOK)


LOVE YOU MOM

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment