Monday, September 26, 2011

September 12, 2011

Oh finally its pday again. It seemed like this last week was really long but I don’t really remember any of it. Just glad to have a break!!! First I’ll answer your questions:


1) Tell me all about your new companion!!! Where exactly is he from? Has it been hard to only speak Spanish - -or are you a “baller” as you would put it
Ok well my new companion is Elder Perez. He is from El Salvador. At first I thought “this is going to be a long change” But not so much! He is cool. He is just really quiet. But duh I’m a baller at Spanish....I can understand everything. But idk where it came from, I could understand pretty good before but now it’s just so clear. Elder Moore always did the teaching and most of the lesson. I don’t know how I just pulled out scriptures, and talked for hours but I did.


2) I am so anxious to hear about your “golden” investigators!! I’ve thought so much about you this week and am hoping that you have found success with them! Also, how is Lily? And Sonia?

Well I’m pretty much counting out Lily. She pretty much told us that she didn’t want to work on fixing problems; she is out of the picture now. Sonia idk, she didn’t come to church and I don’t think that hna Delgado has talked to her yet.
Well let’s get on with the good stuff!!!!! My golden boy....Fernando. Reference from Salt Lake whoo hoo that never happens. He found the church website and started to talk to a lady from Salt Lake, then we got him.....Elder Moore and I taught the restoration, he had some questions and we answered them and he understood. Oh and he asked us for a Book of Mormon too. So I went back wed with Elder Perez and I said well idk about this investigator, he isn’t that good at keeping commitments and stuff (as a joke.) We left him about 4 chapters to read on last Sunday, and he had all of them read by Wednesday when we went back. He found the questions of the soul online and started to read those too. He prayed about everything, and says he can feel that it is true. We left him stuff to read and went back Thursday. He read all of it and prayed, and you should hear him pray....no other investigator is like he is. He also printed out invitations to his baptism to give to his family and friends. Tell the boys not to get too excited on a mission because this never happens.....everyone is so jealous of us. So basically the next 3 days we are going to teach law of chastity, word of wisdom, and tithing. Thursday we are going to go over the baptism questions and Friday is his interview. He is getting baptized Saturday, and it’s about time I had one. oh and he went to the stake activity in another part of Encarnacion and he drove people to and from. BALLIN!!!


3) What was your favorite thing you ate this week? What was the worst thing you ate?
Well that’s easy, yesterday when Elder Moore and his dad came to church, after we went to eat lunch at Vanessa’s. Hermana Delgado made 85 empanadas. We are taken care of really well here. It was a sweet party.
The worst thing I ate was well I drank it. I’ve been kind of sick, like a cough and sticky green slimy snot. Hna Delgado made me drink this anti sick stuff, barf it was nasty, she made me drink 2 spoons of it. But it worked, I’m fine right now.


4) What was your most spiritual experience?
Probably when I was teaching a lady and I just talked and talked and talked about stuff. I don’t really know how, it just came to me.
But it sounds like football is doing good; all the kids are good too. I sent home a package bubble envelope with a camera card. Hope it gets there. I’m still working on some stuff that you can send me for Christmas; I really hope I get to stay in this area for Christmas. Its sooooo ballin. But tell grandma I love her, well all my grandmas. But that’s about it for this week, not that much got done, but I don’t care, as long as Fernando gets baptized then I’m good.

I love you mom

TAYLOR

No comments:

Post a Comment