Monday, July 11, 2011

HA!!!!!!   Been here for a month.   Been out here for 3 months.  It is a little weird here though...the sun is down by like 5:30 and we are 4 hours ahead of you. This week has been great and its P-day again. The reason p-day is so great today is because I went to bed at 10:30 yesterday, got up at like 8:30 today and for the first time in a month I took a shower, well a hot shower.  Cleanest I have felt in a month!  Today I got a letter from Richard and from Saige.  I have a letter ready to put in the mail for you guys. 
So from the email, I really wish I could have gone to the BBQ that we have every year.  And I would have loved to see grandpa get hit with the bottle rocket, I bet that whatever came out of his mouth was better...."%$·&()$%&%·"· Darn you Darrin!!! haha. And I wish I could have gone to Benjamin’s for food and then to the Melba fireworks too. AHH all we have here is soccer. When we were out in the campo on Saturday or Friday there was a partido or a soccer match Paraguay vs. Brazil so that means nobody is going to answer their doors, all of the stores are closed, so it’s hard to do anything....but while we were out in the campo, the closest thing I will get to fireworks is when Paraguay scores a goal and them someone empties a clip from their gun because they are so excited!!!! The whole campo starts roaring and then bang bang bang, gun shots for excitement. . It sounds like you all had a good time on the trek, I don’t know if I was supposed to look at the family blog but I did and Grants got a nice soul stare going on for that girl he was draggin across the river.....wow wow wee wow, very nice!!!
We didn’t have the baptism I told you about for the 9th.  They are scared and the lady Sonia, she thinks we charge for baptisms and that is how we pay for our food and house and stuff. But Vanessa told her no and got her excited so we went over there to teach her and her husband Pedro, and they had company, so all we did was share a scripture because you don’t ask all the deep questions when they have friends over.  So maybe tomorrow we can get them excited.!!!!  Then we have another lady her name is Lilliana and she is Hermano Nappas girlfriend and we have been teaching her with Hermano Nappa and she came to church so she is progressing.  The other one who we work really hard with is Oscar Mencinas, he goes to a catholic church and always says he was baptized the way he should have been and he says “well Jesus doesn’t want me to be baptized again”, and we say how do you know, have you asked. Then he just changes the subject.   All my life I would hear people say oh man, wow the spirit is so strong here, I would always say what spirit, I don’t feel anything. I would pray about things and read my book of Mormon but still never felt anything, and while I was teaching about the plan of salvation I felt it.  It’s winter here and all the ´´houses´´ are made of cement with no insulation so they are cold, its only 45-50 degrees and with humidity its way colder, I was freezing in this guys house and right in the middle of that I could feel that warm feeling everyone talks about. And I thought of you all and some others who you can probably guess and it just felt good. Another one who if we could we would do like Jesus taught in the New Testament and dust our shoes off on him, he would be cursed forever, but it doesn’t really work that way anymore. Now they just have to come to their judgment when Jesus asks, are these not the two missionaries I sent you? What’s he gonna do then? OOOPS for him!!!  We went once and it was bad because he always is an unbeliever and says crap about the church and stuff....but we looked up a bunch of scriptures to share with him we were doing that with him and his mom. His mom was saying oh they never taught the gentiles bla bla bla and we read the scripture that says it’s for the gentiles and we read it again and she changed the subject, then when we would catch her with something she would say, well the bible has been translated so many times you can’t even know if it’s true. Then when Juaquine finally showed up we started to talk with him....and then at the end he was like I have 20 times more knowledge than you do about that stupid book than you do (talking about the bible) and then he said I don’t have money problems, I don’t have marriage problems (probably cuz he isn’t married) I don’t have anything bad in my life why do I need faith, I’m perfect!!! Then he started to say oh and the old guys in your church who think they are prophets, Elder Moore was about to punch him....we just got up and left, we didn’t even say permiso or anything to leave we just did.
The last one is Nelson, he is awesome, he just needs to grasp one little thing of what we have taught him, just a little testimony of something and then he will work towards all of it, we are going to watch the José Smith profeta de la Restauración with him.
So in the letter I am going to sent you today or tomorrow, won’t get into the mail for like 3 to 4 days until the office has all the letters and then they will make one trip to the post office, but it asks for a few things and one of those is a bubble mailer so I can send home my camera card, I’m not putting that in a little envelope, it will break or get jacked so if yall want pics and I know you do, I need some of them, I will keep looking but I haven’t seen any of them here in humble little Paraguay!!!
That’s about it for this week. When Elder Moore goes home after the next change I will have been out here for 6 months and then I will get to skype you for Christmas and then the time will start to go by even faster for you mom.  I sure love all of you, thanks for everything!!!

Elder Salinas

No comments:

Post a Comment