Monday, July 2, 2012

June 25, 2012


Dear mom,

I’m glad that you all had somewhat of a good week.  Really sad that grandma passed away but she is in a better place.  Tuesday we had district meeting and changes.  We found out who was leaving and coming. Later that night I took Elder Keller over to the house of Elder Griffin the old District leader and Elder Stephenson.  Elder Stephenson and I were messing around as Elder Griffin packed his stuff to go home. My phone rang and it was President Callan.  I thought he was calling to talk to me about my new assignment as the District leader, but then he said it was about grandma.  I was a little surprised but not that sad....I talked to President Callan for like 20 min about grandma and grandpa and all that they did for us, it was a good talk.  All this week I have been good....I haven’t felt overwhelmed that grandma died or that I’m the district leader...I have just felt peaceful.  

So as I said in the last paragraph I am the district leader....hope I can do a good job....but I guess if the Lord has confidence in me then I can do it....it’s one of those ´´hard things´´ that I can do.  That night when I was with Elder Stephenson, we had a good talk.  We talked about all the people who we know from Nampa and how lame it is that we never hung out before the mission.  Then we talked about the mission and stuff, and how us two are doing tons of little things to be the best missionaries.  It was cool.....Elder Stephenson is a baller!!!! :)

Some good news, Elder Norton my companion in Puerto pabla is in my district.....he said there is nothing in Puerto pabla like no investigators, but he told me that Emilio and Margarita got baptized and married.  That made me pretty happy.  2 more converts, put em on the paper mom...the little baptism stickers ;)

I bet it was nice to see all of the family.  Some good stories about grandma and grandpa....and I would have loved to see the dinner that grandpa put on for the funeral!!!  I can’t wait to see grandpa ha-ha.

So my comp I have right now is Elder Cardozo.  He is from Paraguay and is a convert, of almost a year.  He is great, except for when he teaches in Guarani or pees all over the toilet and the floor, but other than that he is a good guy.  He is waiting to put in his papers to leave on the mission.  He is my comp for only a change, so I’m gonna be here in Hernandarias until Spencer goes on his mission.  SO I’m only gonna have one more area after this.  I could be here until October with the new mission president and all; he might not make that many changes at first, only the ones that are needed.

We had some progress with our investigators this week....Jose and Andrea both want to be baptized.  Jose said last night that he just has to make a choice about which day.  Andrea said that she wants to wait until after her baby is born so that she can still have the support of her mom during her pregnancy.  I’m gonna have to change that.  We found some other great investigators this week, ones that really are ready for the gospel. And we still have problems in the branch with the president that I am trying to work out....I’ll just leave it at that. 


Also a scripture for you in Romans 10:15 about missionary feet to go along with this picture!!!

Love you mom
Taylor's District


No comments:

Post a Comment