Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9, 2012


Dear mom. . .  how are ya???

This was a good week.  We had some big miracles.  To start out; on Tuesday we went to District meeting and I got all the elders jacked up for the week and then we had divisions.  I stayed in my area with Elder Knudsen from Argentina.  He is 24, got a late start to his mission but it was one of the best days that I have ever had.  I have always wanted a companion like him.  So I told him that we were going to take the book for the baptism interview and he said that he would do the interview for Kamila....so after a successful day we went over there and talked about the commandments in simple terms so that a child could understand them.  We counted that as the interview and said we are preparing a baptism service this Saturday if you want to get baptized.  She said yes.  

Then 2 days later Sister Achucarro said that Jose wanted to be baptized...Saturday.  So Friday I went over there and went over the baptism questions with him.  The terms were that only he and the Achucarros go to the baptism, and that he would get to the church at 6, have the interview and then be baptized.

So then I called the Zone Leaders and told them to come to the church at 6 to do the interview....after a long day of preparing the baptism and finding cloths and other stuff....Kamila was baptized.  And the best part of it was that Andres, my convert, baptized her!!!!  He was so excited and nervous at the same time but did a great job.  

Now we are just waiting on Jose,,,the Zone leaders were waiting and he got there an hour late so at 7:15 they did the interview.  And since he was late, the water was freezing cold.  He passed the interview and then changed cloths.  My companion got in the water and then Jose followed and was so mad.....he said why didn’t you put warm water in....and we told him that it was warm.  He finally got in and got baptized, but then he got water in his ear so then he was more irritated.  But I am happy. . . .I had 2 baptisms this week!!!!

That’s cool that you got to meet Pres and Sis Callan for like 20 sec, I bet there was a line like a wedding reception ha-ha.  

Cool that you got to go to the new mall,  During general conference we didn’t want to go outside or anything, so we just stayed in and watched all the programs between the sessions, and they showed it, It looks sweet.

So the branch is doing better.  50 people came to church yesterday.  I am almost running the branch.....I had to do the agenda, make assignments for the prayers and the songs.  I have to tell the branch president about all the people and stuff, and I’m pretty much giving out callings.  Next week I have to count tithing.  Oh and Andres is going to get the Priesthood soon and he is going to be called as the 1st counselor in the branch!!!

So I found a new movie that I love to watch. . . ´´How Rare a Posetion´´ idk if you have seen it but it’s pretty cool....it tells the story of Parley P Pratt and another guy and how they found the Book of Mormon and how it was a huge treasure for them, you should buy it and have FHE with it tonight.

Hey mom can you send me Mitch and Tyler’s address so i can write them sometime.

Talk to you next week!

Love ya!
With Kamila at her baptism

Elder Salinas & Jose

No comments:

Post a Comment