Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26, 2011

Hey mom hope you had a merry Christmas.... when I woke up yesterday, it didn’t even feel like Christmas.  No waiting at the top of the stairs, yummy breakfast, opening presents, going to Farnsworth’s house or grandmas or having everyone over at our house.  It wasn’t cold, no snow, no smelly candles, nothing.  I gave a talk in church yesterday too.  I told everyone how Christmas isn’t about getting it’s about giving.  I told them all how last year I had money and I bought you and dad presents because you usually don’t buy a whole bunch for each other, and not that is we don’t have money but you know what I mean, and I told them how they were nice gifts and all but you and dad were just shocked at what I bought for you.  And then I shared the scripture in John 3:16-17 how god gave us his son.  There were about 10 different members who just thanked me for my talk....even tuff guy bishop who gave a talk after me (he passed by to go up to the microphone and said nice job homeboy) all of them said they just felt the spirit of Christmas!

But is sounds like all of you enjoyed the Christmas you had.  All of the gifts looked like they were loved by everyone!  I was so glad to see all of you too.  Even though it was really short it was still worth it.  And thank you for my Christmas present....I’ll just want that in my account so I can buy cloths and stuff when I get home.

Next thing for us to check off mom, my birthday- -  well your birthday and then my birthday....20? Wow! That’s old.  Today we got new numbers from President Callan, our numbers of excellence!!!!  This year by week they are:

Baptism: 1
Confirmed: 1
With baptism date: 9
At church: 9
Lesson with member: 20
Other lessons: 10
Progressing investigators: 8
References: 15
New investigators: 20, of the 20 5 families
Recent converts: 8
Baptism invitations: 20

I have one year to work hard to complete these numbers, well I don’t have to complete them but it would be nice to do it.  I’m feeling like I’m in the hang of things now, I can talk to the people and teach pretty good so I think this year will be better!

Love you mom, I have to go do shopping so I’ll see you next Monday



Taylor
PS  yeah I forgot to tell all of you, 2 weeks ago i finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish




This is what our screen looked like when the call came in!  We were all clapping and cheering!

Elder Salinas in Paraguay!
McCall singing to her brother

Salinas Family Traditions sent to Paraguay

Nativity in Paraguay

Christmas Dinner for Taylor
Top Left:  Pacu (Fish)
Top Right:  Cow Tongue
Bottom Left:  Pork
Bottom Right:  Beaver

No comments:

Post a Comment