Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012


Dear Family. . . This last week was good.  I officially completed 20 Months in the Mission, and it has been 2 years since I opened my Mission Call.  Time is going by FAST!!!  That’s crazy that Kwenton gets home on Wed...He gets home with Elder Heiner’s cousin I think.  And Tyler gets home in January!   Last week we had changes.  I thought that I might have had a change but I’m still here in 3 bocas with my comp, Elder Chavez.  I only have 2 transfers left after this one...I am praying that it will be in a new area for the last 3 months of my mission.  I don’t want to be stuck here 5 transfers or for you guys 7 months.  Elder Chavez and I had a better week.  We had more lessons and more new investigators but nothing real solid yet.  I’m pretty sure that the zone leaders are gonna want to do divisions with us this week.

The office or Pres. haven’t said anything about calling home for Christmas, but Elder Chavez and I have it all figured out.  We have been looking for a place to skype on Christmas but everyone is going to be closed and they are closing at noon Christmas eve, so like they close at 8 in the morning for you all.  Yesterday after lunch we went to the chapel and downloaded Skype to the computer in the Bishops office, and I have a webcam.  I logged on yesterday to see if it worked and I sent Grant a message.  It’s the last call home from Paraguay, it will be a good one.  I will be at the chaple at 4:00 my time to skype all of you...and Spencer too!!!  Can’t wait....I even have my paper of stuff we can talk about on Christmas!  Only one week...YES...CAN’T WAIT!

For the Missonary Plaque,  Moroni 10:32.  That’s what i want on my plaque, if they can do it in Spanish do it in Spanish but if not that’s fine.

You all in America, nice and toasty warm in the house...no problem...it’s so hot down here.  Yesterday, walking to church at 8 in the morning, 100 degrees!  Not cool.  We cooked an egg on the road Thursday...took like 2 minutes...yeah that fast!  And the worst thing about all of it...I don’t have AC.  The Ac didn’t work very good anyways, so we had some dude come look at it and he took it out to see the problem...some big thing they have to replace....he hasn’t brought it back yet.  And the office said that they would get us a new AC in 2 weeks.  Yeah right, they won’t ever get it to us, and the guy who took our AC won’t answer our phone calls...I’m pretty sure he sold it or something...fetching Paragayos!  And I think that i am getting skin cancer, that’s how hot and strong the sun is!!!   We can’t even sleep at night, at home it cools down at night time...not here....it gets hotter...You wake up in the morning all greasy and in a puddle of sweat on your bed...grossssss!!!! 


My Christmas plans. . . pretty much nothing.  Eat my Hickory Farms while I skype you guys.  Nobody here invites us over for lunch or dinner, less chances that they invite us over for Christmas.  Our plan was to make some Mexican food, tacos and quesadillas.  But my comp has no money left for the rest of December and I have 300,000 left, so Ihave to share with him again!  Don’t know if my Christmas dinner is going to happen....too bad I’m not in Puerto Pabla with Jorge and Betty, eat some Crocodile and some Armadillo and Cow Tounge, and Manta Ray and Beaver for Christmas.  Oh well, this just means that next Christmas when i am home will be even better....

So mission wise, like the investigators are not really progressing.  They read and pray every once in a while or they pray to the virgin of Caacupe, but they never come to church.  That’s the problem with praguayos....their pretty lazy... They just won’t come.  We had 3 people that were certain that they were going to come to church, yeah you already know who came...nobody.  We did find a cool family this week though, The Azucas Family...it’s just hard for the Dad, he doesn’t really believe in anything.

DAD. . .tienes que mejorar tu español.  Tadavia puedes hablar mas o menos pero hay muchos errores.  Era un poco chistoso leer su carta haha.  Sepas que te amo y que te quiero mucho.  Gracias por todo.  En quatro meses vamos a hablar bien, y vamos a cambiar tu español...toda la familia se van a burlar de tu español. Si esto pasara, no seria muy bueno. Te hace falta venir a paraguay bueno no a paraguay, su español es muy feo, te hace falta visitar a Mexico u algo haha.  Te quiero papa.  Hablaremos Martes en la Navidad, en Español.  Y dudo que Grant me gane en una lucha....yo soy el mejor de la familia.  No pierdo a mis hermanos...no importa si tenga 200 libras...yo soy un capo y siempre salgo campeon.  Y cada dia manana y noche hago mis ejercicios....y son muchas.  Flecciones del pecho y abdominales....yeah buddy...Mis brazos y pecho ya han crecidos mucho...esta semana me pese y peso 157 libras....y no soy gordo....entonces que venga Grant a perder....lo voy a destruir!!!

Oh and mom, Christmas pretty much doesn’t exist down here so ill just leave it up to you to find me an ornament.  Thanks :)

Love you all . . . see you on Christmas!
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment